Tuesday, 12 October 2010

Wish Granted: embossing folders ideas

hi everyone,
Here's our first "wish granted" post. A lot of you have wished for more ideas on how to use their cuttlebug. Well, most of us have bought the Cuttlebug to use the embossing folders, so to start easy and gentle, here's a few samples with different degrees of difficulty.

As we said when we started the "wishing well": "And you never know.......... there might be something to win too.... "
And so there is... Not only for one of the person who made that wish, but also for another one who will leave a comment on this post. (Remember, you must be a *follower* to enter all contests/freebie/candy going on this blog)

So this time it's wish granted for....
(please email me to give me your snail mail address)
And you will be sent on of the new embossing folders we have in stock: 
Not telling you which one... it's got to be a surprise ;)


So here we go with the different techniques:


Dawn used the Crafts Too Christmas Tree embossing folder on a white card, cut it out and decorated it with Dew Drops.  Very effective and elegant... 






Then Ria used Crafts Too Butterfly embossing folder on a red card and used sandpaper to make the butterflies stand out.  She also used one of the Gorjuss Girls stamp (Flower girl), Martha  Steward punch and Copic Markers and Spellbinders Nestabilities.




Poupette took it a step further, using ink on her embossing folders. 
For the first example, she used ink with and Indentz embossing folder, brayering the ink all over the folder first and then embossing the white card. Quite effective, isn't it? 
On this sample, Poupette also used Crafty Secrets Sweet Kids stamps and Copic Markers.





On her second sample, Poupette brayered Walnut Stain Distress ink pad onto the Cuttlebug Script folder to emboss her tag. She also embossed a butterfly using the Swiss Dot folder and highlighted the dots with ink.








Finally, Isa (our newest DT owl) has made a gorgeous sample too.
Here's what she had to say about her card:
"For the background, I embossed with the Cuttlebug Christmas Countdown folder and distressed the cardstock with sand paper and ink. I then added Glossy Accent and glitter on some embossed designs.
I used the same embossing folder to make the star and I added gold Eco Green paint with my finger on the embossed parts.
The frame is a white paper with gold paint and glitters.
I added Stickles on the butterfly."




We hope you have enjoyed this.  

Don't forget to leave a comment below to tell the girls what you think and for a chance to win a CRAFT CONCEPT embossing folder. 

See you next week for another Wish Granted post ;)


37 comments:

  1. Some gorgeous examples here. like the christmas tree the dew drops make it very elegant. Can I ask - the ink on the folders....which is best as I want to keep them clean and not stained. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful creations, and great ideas, love the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Ideas, Love the thinking of you card. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this new idea, thanks for the wishing well! Look forward to seeing more 'wishes.'

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my Cuttlebug and seeing some new ideas for ways to use the folders is great. You have inspired me to get cuttlebugging again!!
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic idea. Congrats to Yvonne. The DT have certainly given some "food for thought". Will be popping up to buy some goodies soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for some great ideas. Its great to see some new ideas - when you use them its like having a new embossing folder!!
    Jolanda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant projects thanks for sharing!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the script tag, how pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, great ideas and beautiful samples. Thanks for the inspiration ladies
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great ideas, I have loads of these and I can see I need to get them out and play. Love the idea of adding ink before embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cuttlebug still has to be one of my most used products, lovely samples those and will be using one or two myself! Using acetate gives an interesting result too.......

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for some wonderful ideas to try out with my cuttlebug. I look forward to trying them out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent ideas and great to see the finished projects using the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for showing us some new idea's. Love the tag and the last card especially.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Thanks for the fab prize. So exciting. Emailing you now.

    Thanks so much for all these great ideas... looking forward to trying them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How lovely to see these ideas - I am always keen to try something different. I will have to search for some sandpaper!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great exemples !!!
    Love the tag and the punched butterflies.

    Thanks for al those ideas !!!

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the ideas that you show how to do nice cards with the embossingfolders!

    And if I'd win one - even better!!!

    Charlotta

    ReplyDelete
  20. Some fab creations, I love the tag. I don't use my Cuttlebug embossing folders as much as I should, but you've inspired me to experiment a bit more now.
    Julie W x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great idea using ink on the embossing folders - thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great DT work...love the tag...must try that out soon...oddly enough...I just made a card using an embossing folder so I just thought I would share....you can see it "here"
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you ladies for sharing these fab ideas MWAH
    I'm very keen to have a go at making the tag and I also love the last card.

    Mary Mac

    ReplyDelete
  24. So many different ideas here! I never thought of inking the folder before embossing, I shall definitely be trying that one out first - and then trying out all the other ideas, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great samples that show how effective the embossing folders are whether done simply or in a more arty style. Must try the inking method. Does it matter what side of the folder you add ink too?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous, fabtastic projects there- excellent new ideas :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. love the brayered ink effect, shall be trying that very soon

    ReplyDelete
  28. Christa , you can do both !! then you'll choose what you prefer , but I do prefer inking the negative part ;);)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you Poupette, I shall have fun trying this out.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great selection of samples with some new ideas for everyone. The Dew Drops look fab & I must try brayering my folders.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Truly wonderful DT samples :-) Incredible ideas and talent. I very much looking forward to having a go.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What brilliant ideas - can't wait to try them out, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  33. These are fab ideas - always great to see a refresher - and I'm really glad I've found your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is great - My cuttle bug is Very New :) and I have only used it once. These are wonderful ideas and beautiful cards. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous samples, girls! Thanks so much for the inspiration! I seem to only use my bug for die cutting nowadays, but this has inspired me to pull out my embossing folders and play! Hugs, Sem x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the look of embossing. Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
If you have any question, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.