Friday, 29 April 2011

Guest Designer - Neil - Last Post


Well, another month is nearly gone, April is just about finished so
I am here with our Guest Designer Neil's last post for the month.

We know how much you have enjoyed Neil's projects by all the lovely comments
you have kindly left.

So, here it is...........

Neil says "For this project I have created a double spread scrapbook using the fabulous
Graphic 45 paper from the Steampunk debutante collection Time Flies.



Starting with the left hand page, I cut the frame out of the paper and attached it to a piece
of black card.  I printed the photo that my daughter took of Big Ben onto canvas,
 distressed the edge with a distress tool and then inked it with Frayed Burlap
Distress Ink.  I stamped the Crafty Individuals Clock Faces stamp and embosssed with bronze
Embossing Powder as shown in pictures.  I cut the Sizzix ticket out of green card and with
black StazOn stamped Stampers Anonymous Going Somewhere plate.


To create the bronze seal, I put a pile of bronze UTEE onto a craft sheet and heated
until it melted (leave to cool on the sheet).  When cool, place the UTEE where you want it
and reheat.  Stamp a clockface with black StazOn into the melted UTEE and leave to
cool before removing stamp.
I then stuck two butterflies cut out of a second sheet and covered with glossy accents
as shown.


For the right hand page, the main focus is the inner picture of the sheet, which I mounted
onto 12" x 12" black card.  Stamp clock faces as before and also Crafty Individuals
Crackle around the edges in Cosmic Copper Brilliance, brushing around the edges with it too.
I cut out the photos and stuck them as shown, popping a matching top hat on my daughters
picture and grunge wings on the photo of my wife and I!!!



There is another bronze medallion and a glossy accented butterfly too.
To finish I diecut a Fanciful Flight butterfly and coloured it with Spiced Marmalade and Frayed Burlap
Distress Inks with watch cogs for the body".


So there you are.......

The last creation from our very talented Guest Designer.

Thank you Neil for all your wonderful projects, I know a lot of you bloggers
have been inspired by his work!!!

As usual we would really like your comments so don't forget to take a
moment to write one.

I hope you all have a great weekend,
don't forget the shop is open on both Friday and Monday Bank Holidays if
you fancy a visit.  We would love to see you!!!

See you next week,

Jane


6 comments:

  1. Fabulous project - thanks Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab pages Neil :)a fitting last piece
    Von x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabuleuse réalisation bravo md

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pages love the photo your daughter took big benFab layout!
    judex

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great layout to showcase your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous and of course, unusual layout Neil - Love it and love your style
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
If you have any question, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.