Wednesday, 3 August 2011

Crafty Individuals - day two

Hi, 
Back today with Isasart and Gio. 
Gio, being true to herself, has altered a.... sardine tin (as you do lol!  Wait until you see what she has altered for the next product of the week...), and I must admit, it's one of my favourite projects of hers so far. Truly LOVE this one. Here's how she's done it.... 

I took a sardine tin . I gessoed it and I painted with lilac acrylic paint.
I stamped the dressform and other details with CI French Corset plate on a gessoed book page. I cut out every piece. I coloured the dressform with Distress Ink Worn Lipstick and Peeled Paint and I glued to a piece of cardstock.
I cut a rectangular shape form a CI background book, same size as the tin box.
I glued it to the box. I added two pieces of lace and the stamped details to the the external and internal sides of the box. I glued with gel medium beads, buttons, safepins to the the bottom of the tin. When dry I brushed some Perfect Pearls.
I attached the dressform to a metallic wire. I assembled it with another piece of metallic wire decorated with beads.




Material
CI-306 - French corset
Crafty Individuals background book 1
Claudine Hellmuth gesso
Claudine Hellmuth Studio - Multi medium gloss
beads -metallic wire
lilac acrylic paint
---


Isasart is definitely in summer mode, as she made this lovely pin-wheel for you along with a video...

My paper is 4 x 4 inches
Stamps CRAFTY INDIVIDUALS CI-149 - CI-285 - CI-231
StazOn ink to color my eyelets
Glues




So what did you think of the projects today?
Let us know in a comment below.
We'll be back tomorrow to join Chris Dark and Michelle with a loooong post
(bring a cuppa :))
See you tomorrow


8 comments:

  1. what a brill. altered tin love all things CI and this is no exception
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great ideas, I love the sardine tin it's very pretty, interesting shape to work with. I am off to see my grandsons so I have a project to make with them in readiness for a trip to the seaside, thanks Isa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic projects today, the tin is beautiful & the pinwheel would look lovely in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both projects are very charming :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops
    Sardine tin is stunning and love the pin wheel project x

    ReplyDelete
  7. And to think I threw away a sardine tin at the weekend - how pretty this looks!! And the pinwheel is lovely too, only I am at work so can't play the video... must dash!!

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
If you have any question, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.