Tuesday, 2 August 2011

Crafty Individuals week - day one

Hi, 

and welcome to a new week of tutorials and beautiful samples on our blog.

Before I start with today's project, I wanted to remind you of our August Minifest coming up next weekend at the shop.  Jean Hardy, from CRAFTY INDIVIDUALS will be with us at the shop all weekend. 

On Saturday, there will be not-to-be-missed demos with Jean, Jenny Mayes from Hobby Art as well as Carole Cann, Karen Maccoy, Jane Collman, Neil Walker & Kathy Byrne.

On Sunday, Jean will be teaching an amazing class. Hope some of you were the lucky ones to have booked on this class.

So the theme for this week was not hard to find: Crafty Individuals of course. As you know if you often visit this blog, we LOOOVE their products, from stamps to collage images and paper pads... They are often featured here.
To start this week, Gay has made a lovely sample using mini canvases and images. With a step-by-step of course. It's a beautiful project, I hope you will enjoy this one. 



Here is what Gay says... 
My first step was to cover the canvases with Gesso. I have to wash the brushes quickly and really well, it's almost impossible to get out otherwise:0)

Next was to choose the orientation of the heads, one facing the other down and the last facing back towards the centre.

Stamping directly on to the canvas is a bit of a challenge but I had a cunning plan LOL and stamped on to plain copy paper and tore them out. Distress inks were used to shade and colour



 The stamped images on the paper had to match up with the images on the canvas. Then I stuck then down with Multi medium, Matte.

The last effect was Tim Holtz Rock candy, distress crackle paint! Love it! Beware it takes quite a while to dry, walk away from the canvasses and don't touch, he he he!





Crafty Individuals Stamps
The Postcard CI 214
Trees CI 209
Crafty Individuals Miniatures Book People and places.
Mustard seed, Antique Linen, Barn Door, Broken China

So what do you think?
Isnt't it lovely?

Come back tomorrow to see what Isabelle and Gio have worked on...
See you then


5 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! Thanks for sharing the how to.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, Crafty Individuals, swoon!!!! These are lovely & thanks for the tutorial. BTW, can I suggest using a foam brush to apply gesso? I find it much easier than a bristle brush & easier to rinse out too. And if you keep one brush just for gesso, you don't have to worry about washing it all out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this project. I thought it was just me that had trouble stamping onto the canvas, so very releived that it wasn't! I also have some inspiration for using my CI images. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I'm sure I've got some of those mini canvasses somewhere in my craft tip (err.... Craft room, I mean)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely combination of images & textures T4S :)

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
If you have any question, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.