Thursday, 25 August 2011

Wishing Well: Using brayers day two

Hello again, 
We are back with a second "Brayer day" this time with a card and a tag from Chris Dark
Here's Chris' details on how she made them.


For this card I used my brayer with a Tim Holtz texture fade embossing folder. I inked half of the brayer with chipped sapphire distress ink and the other half with forest moss distress ink and then brayered the ink onto the embossing folder. Depending upon which side of the folder you ink, you'll get a positive or negative transfer of the ink onto the card, so you can get two effects from one folder. After inking the folder I popped the card inside and ran it through the cuttlebug to end up with my inked embossed background. I did a watercolour distress ink stamping effect with the Tim Holtz Bitty Grunge circles stamp and text stamp. I cut a strip of the text stamping and added over the background, the circles were cut out and attached to the card together with an extra piece of the circles at the bottom which are mounted on foam tape. I added some glossy and enamel accents to a few of the circles.


For the tag I used the brayer to pick up the ink that was left on my craft sheet after stamping the card and swiped it once across the tag on a diagonal. I did a bit of flicking with the ink from a brush and then stamped the circles again using the same watercolour effect as before. I added the text and ribbon to finish.



Materials:
Tim Holtz Texture Fade embossing folder Checkerboard and cracked set
Tim Holtz stamps- bitty grunge
Tim Holtz Alterations bigz die Tag and book plates
Distress inks, forest moss, chipped sapphire, barn door
Ranger ink blending tool

See you tomorrow with more samples

4 comments:

  1. Love the idea of using the brayer with the DI's - loved yesterdays tutorial too. Will definitely have to 'dust off' my brayer! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip on using the brayer to apply color to your project, Chris! It's been ages and I almost forgot about my brayer. Your card and tag are beautiful and I like the smeared look with the left over ink, but I need to practice using a brush to flick the ink on! Thank you for sharing your technique!
    Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
If you have any question, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.