Saturday, 16 November 2013

Saturday Savers - Say it big - Gio

Hi,
We have a lovely mini album by Gio to finish this Say it Big week.
Gio chose the Woodware huge "Friend" stamp, and upcycled some beer mats to turn them into the mini album.

We hope you enjoyed this week and look forward to reading your comments.




I upcycled some beer mats. I loved their unusual shape and these ended up in a mini album.


I cover the back of every beer mat with Pebeo Gesso. When dry, I stamped every single letter from the Woodware clear stamp: Huge friend with Versamark ink pad, and embossed then with black embossing powder.
I made it on every beer mat, until I formed the word Friend. 
I coloured the beer mat with several Distress inkS, adding water with a paintbrush. I stamped randomly several sentences from the same stamp. I cut the Graphic45 papers to size and I glued them to the front side of the beer mat. I added the pictures to the front side. I stamped the title using Archival ink and the Stampendous Small Typewriter Alphabet stamp.
I made a hole on every page and assembled the beer mats with a clock part.

















Gio used:
Ranger Archival Ink pad: Jet Black 
Treasure Gold: Brass 
Pebeo Studio acrylic auxiliaries: Gesso 250 ml 
Pebeo Studio acrylic auxiliaries: Gel Medium 250 ml 
Woodware clear stamp: Huge friend
Cosmic Shimmer Aurora Embossing powder: viola black 
Graphic 45 - Steampunk Spells: Steampunk Spells 
Graphic 45 - Steampunk Spells: Vintage Voyage 

See you tomorrow

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Friend Mini Book Gio I love it!

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Miss Gio, the pages are just stunning, I love to use beer mats, I love the shape of these, excellent project, love how you did the letters, thanks for sharing and hope you have a wonderful weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love altered drink coasters! I have not ever seen any this shape. Cool! This mini friend book is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mini journal Gio, love the way you used the stamps.
    I have some of these and it's good to see how other people have used them. Crafty hugs, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a brilliant use of the beer mats, love the stamping

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a delicious little album - brilliant upcycling of the beer mats!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very lovely album Gio ! :) And I love this new recycling idea, fabulous once again. Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
If you have any question, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.