Saturday 17 October 2015

Impression Obsession - Dawn Heald



Hellooooo,

Happy Weekend everyone!
Is it me or are the weekends getting
closer together??  No it's me 
getting old haha!!

Ok, so today is Dawn's turn to
show us what she has been up to 

This is what Dawn says..... 

Hi there, for this week's topic of layered
 backgrounds I've done three different 
techniques, using the same stamp to make 
my own background for an art journal page. 
The Impression Obsession Cover all stamps are 
brilliant to use, even with their large size
 I had no problem getting a good stamped 
image every time.


For my first background -


Using silver mirror card, I pounced over it with
 alcohol inks, let it dry. Then stamped with 
Versamark the metal background stamp
 and sprinkled over heat and bond embossing
 powder and heated. This makes it sticky. Then 
I applied gilding flakes over and brushed away
 excess. 


I'm really pleased with this as
 it was an experiment for me.


My next background was simple -


Ink up stamp with two distress inks spray
 with water lightly and stamp onto watercolour
 card. I did try with more water but as it 
blurred more this wasn't for this project.
I wanted the stamp pattern pronounced.


The last background again easy.

 A resist technique.
Stamp with tea eye distress ink, heat emboss
 with clear powder. Colour all over with 
Distress inks and rub over with kitchen roll.


All three backgrounds shown here.

Taking a journal page I covered with torn pieces
 of brown paper packaging. Stencilled Cogs 
with silver ink and randomly stamped with script stamp.


Glue stamped backgrounds to journal page. 
Stamp Balloon image and colour with 
water colour Pencils. Trim, edge with Distress ink. 

Make a panel using strips of card from trimming
 backgrounds. Glue wording to this strip. 
Wording from Kaisercraft paper pad, stamp
 and colour a couple small balloons cut 
out and glue to page to finish.



Those pages are so nice, love the 
first one with the gilding flakes!
And I love that finished album page,
wow, amazing!!


Products used -

Alcohol Ink - Citrus, Sailboat Blue
Distress Inks - Mermaid Lagoon, Twisted Citron,


From stash, Brown paper from Craft Barn parcels!

So that is another week gone,
I'll be back tomorrow with our
latest challenge!

Jane x




2 comments:

  1. The Cover A Card make great backgrounds, the silver leaf one looks amazing .What a gorgeous cover Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super project Dawn. Love the effects you have created on the m. card. The stenciled cogs look fabulous :) x

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.