Saturday 24 September 2016

Around the House

Hello everyone!
If anyone needs a final bit of inspiration 
we have another project on the Around the House theme today.  
It really is a beauty and is by 

Dawn Heald:

I'm here to share an art journal page in my MDF book, 
using a few things from around the house
 to apply colour and stamp with.
I do hope you like it.


How I created this.

First off I covered the board with very thick layer of 
white gesso applied with pallet knife and left it to dry naturally.

Then with Fresco Finish Paints I used the palette knife 
to spread on thick uneven layers to make my sea and
again left it to dry naturally.


Next I took some small plastic nappy sacks
 (any plastic bag would work, thicker plastic bags will give chunkier 
more open look) and dabbed them in
the Alchemy Wax and proceeded to 
gently dab all over the board, alternating colour as I went.

Then I used the Bay Leaf stencil and stippled through 
Peridot Alchemy Wax to create a backdrop of sea plants.

Now some mixing:

Scoop out three small amounts of 
Media Texture Sand Paste and add
a different colour of Alchemy Wax to each one. 
Mixing the the pink and blue wax to get purple. 
The Alchemy Wax mixes really easily 
to create new colours and also into texture pastes. 

Apply the coloured Media Texture Sand Paste through 
TCW mini Octopus Stencil, omitting the octopus!
I really pushed the paste through the stencil 
to get a different look not as sharp. 
I let this dry for a bit then finished off drying with heat tool. 
Then put the stencil back on and drew through with a white gel pen.

To add detail to the background I found different sized lids from
 "around the house" and stamped with them using 
Starlight paints, Alchemy Wax and Stazon Midnight Blue midi ink pad.


Now I needed some sea life. 
I stamped, coloured and die cut my fish.
I used Distress Markers to colour and
I glued them to the background with hot glue.


 The stamps and matching dies are Heartfelt Creations. 
(My first products from them and I'm mega impressed 
at the designs and quality and storage packaging). 

I finished off with a stencilled word "Imagine" from DecoArt stencil,
 using the same Midnight Stazon ink in top right corner. 
Then added some Sequins and dots of 
White Opal Liquid Pearls coming from the fishes mouths.


I like the way the page shows the different textures 
and also the matt and pearly finishes. 
It's one of those you can't help but touch.

Many thanks Dawn for your lovely project

Here's what Dawn used:


3 comments:

  1. Wow love this been wondering about those Heartfelt stamps and dies and think it must be a must of me. Beautiful creation. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Dawn, the Under the Sea creatures are so well coloured and pop off the beautiful background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! Love all the colour and texture! xxx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.