Hallo everyone - me again!!
How are you all? It really is the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness now isn't it? Definitely need to make sure I have a jacket on when leaving the house of a morning.
Today we welcome new DT member
with her delightful Birdcage project:
Here she is to tell us all about it:
1.Stamp the Hearfelt Creations bird cage four times.
2. Place the matching die over the stamped image and tape down to prevent it from slipping. The die cuts very closely to the image for a very delicate result.
3. Colour the die cuts and don't forget to colour the back too. I used Promarkers so I picked a pale pink for the reverse so that it would not show if it seeped through to the front.
4. Using Artista super light air dry clay and silicone moulds make some flowers. You can take them out of the mould straight away and they are robust enough to handle and colour. Left for 24 hours they become papery and light.
6. Glue a selection of flowers and leaves to the top of a small round box (diameter 5.5cm). Colour with alcohol pens.
7. Fill the gaps with PVA glue and sprinkle Stampendous shabby white embossing enamel liberally over the lid. Shake off the excess and set with a heat tool.
8. Tape the bird cages to the edge of the box. Do alternate sides first. Then bend the tops to meet in the centre and secure with a glue dot. Finish by adding two owls, some flowers, glitter and a ribbon.
Thank you Claire, I'm sure we shall all have fun making this project.
'Till next time, enjoy your crafting