Wednesday 18 October 2017

For the Boys


For the Boys


Hi There!

Does making male oriented
gifts challenge you?  Do you
throw your hands up in horror
at the very thought?

Well worry not, help is at
hand this week.

We start with Angela Radford
and an old cigar box ......:



 "Hi all, Angela here to show you how
 I made this gift for the Boys using an 
old Cigar box. 


This is the outside as it was.


and this is the inside.

I started by giving it a thin coat of
Gesso and started adding the detail 
using Grunge Paste and a variety
 of stencils



 The inside was covered with some pages
 from an old book.


Next I started adding the colour using
 Paper Artsy Fresco Paints.


The top section is a piece of old 
corrugated card. After peeling away some 
of the top layer I started painting this too.


More paint around the sides to gradually 
build up the colour. Once completed I added
 gilding wax and a good coat of varnish.


And while that's drying I'm back to 
the top section.


 I stamped my chosen Seth Apter Stamp
 onto card and heat embossed it


Using my glue gun I made a circle of glue
 on a craft sheet and then stamped into
 it with another Seth stamp
 and Versamark ink.


 I coloured some texture paste and
 applied this to the top section.


Once this was dry, I went over it with
 Gilding wax then varnished it.


The main image was completed by layering
 it on more card and added brads and cord.
 The key is one by Kaisercraft.


The Glue gun circle was coloured with
 Gilding wax and finished with a large
 black gem.


Top section was wrapped with cord 
before the layers were added.


And here it is all mounted up including a 
couple more Kaisercraft embellishments, 
some tags stamped with more Seth Apter stamps
clear pebble and black gems complete the effect.



Just a few more photographs to show you
 the finished box. Inside which was completed
 with a text stamp and varnish.



One final look and I'm off! Happy crafting, 
Angela xXx"




What a transformation!
Thank you Angela
for a gorgeous treasure box


I remember those cigar boxes
from way back when my Dad
smoked - the boxes held the
exotic tabac aroma for ever
Of course we shouldn't admit
to liking the aroma nowadays
but it does bring back fond
memories................
I wonder what happened to 
the boxes .......

"Till tomorrow

Mickie xx


6 comments:

  1. Super box Angela, love all the layers and textures. We have a small collection of these cigar boxes as both my husband and I worked in London restaurants in our early years and we used them for all sorts of different things. I always hated to see them being thrown away ----- I should have realised then what my later years would be like 😄 X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, pleased I managed to rescue this one. Happy creating, Angela xXx

      Delete
  2. My favourite Seth stamp set and the Patina is my favourite colour of his paints - so, I love this Angela, you did a brilliant job!! The corrugated card was such a lovely idea, it looks wonderful. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne for stopping by. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

      Delete
  3. Amazing texture and layers of paint - what a fabulous setting for Seth's stamp. Great transformation of that old cigar box.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by, pleased you like it xXx

      Delete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.