Saturday 9 December 2017

Christmas Animals


Christmas Animals


Hallo There!

.......and we've reached the
end of another busy week!
Time for you to put your 
feet up and relax with a cup
of something warm and
cheery before you have to
hit the treadmill once more
...................!

Here's Jane Castle with the
final Christmas Animal for
this week...:

"Hi Everyone, for my Christmas Animal 
I chose the Stag, such an elegant creature 
and one that has become more readily
 visible in our neck of the woods during 
the past 10 years.

To begin with I coloured some of the
 Creative Expressions Pop-ems deer using
 ink straight from the coffee bean ink pad.



These were then put to one side while I
 created a scene on my card blank.

The sentiment was stamped at the bottom
 righthand corner and the sky was coloured
 with DI and a blending tool.



Next I placed 2 blobs of paint on my craft mat
 and gradually blended graduating colours to 
be sponged through my 
Tim Holtz Woodland Layering Stencil.


Adding slightly different shades as I went.


I love how the Zinc paint gives that
 subtle shimmer. 

Gradually the scene starts to build.


With christmas cards I like to make 
several in one sitting.

Then using the same sponge and paints 
I added some snowey hills to ground my trees


Using a Quickie Glue pen I added some 
glitter to the trees and the ground. 
Stickles could also be used for this.



All thats left is to add my Stag.


Although the coffee bean ink pad isn't a 
pearlescent one it still has a slight sparkle
 and texture.


Really liked using the Pop-ems,
 good selection of sizes and different poses. 

Plus once the deers have been used
 you are left with a pretty comprehensive 
stencil ------ bonus!!!"

Materials Used

Creative Expressions Pop-ems
Quickie Glue pen
Glitter


Super cards Jane
Thank you very much
You look to have had a
lot of fun making these


So, that was the week of
Christmas Animals.

Such fun showcasing another
side of Christmas icons

'Till tomorrow 

Mickie xx







4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! The added glitter and pop-ems give a lovely depth to the card, Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ladies, I have to say they were very enjoyable to make as everyone is slightly different and takes on it's own little scene. Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card, beautiful Jane!!! I wish you and everyone her a wonderful Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.