Thursday 14 December 2017

The Christmas Table


The Christmas Table

Hello Everyone!

Such fun to have special place mats
for the Christmas Table, especially
if you have all the family there with
you.

Here's Claire Jackson with her
place mats for this year........

"Christmas will soon be upon us 
and this year my family will be hosting. 
Time to think about a few decorations and
 the table setting. 
There’s nothing better to impress your 
guests than one-of-a-kind place mats.

I chose the 8x8” ClaybordTM which is very 
sturdy and will take a warm dinner plate 
(not recommended for plates straight
 from the oven).



 It provides a very smooth surface and
 will take a wide range of media.


First I brayered two coats of Fresco Finish 
chalk paint in smurf..



. ...before stencilling some blue oyster
 with a Kaisercraft stencil.


Confession time! 
I don’t have a Christmas foliage border
 so it was time to improvise. 

I used the Deep Red nature’s borders 
palm trees and masked off an area to
 stamp the border in Archival ink. 

I reused the masking tape from my 
practice go!


With the border completed I used a stamping tool
 to stamp the Deep Red color me poinsettia
 in the centre.

Next I painted the images with Fresco Finish 
chalk paints, selecting the translucent shades
 so the stamping would show through.


Now for the magic!
 I scratched into the board to reveal the 
clay surface and added highlights.



I drew berries onto the border, scratched
 them back to white and added red paint. 

I added a little water colour pencil to
 the centre image and the border to give
 some shadow, and to finish I added a light
 edge of faded jeans and black soot Distress Ink.



 To seal it all I gave it a spray with
 DecoArt acrylic matte sealer."



Materials used:



Lovely place mats Claire.  Thank you
for showing us how you made them

I just love the way Claire solved
the problem of not having the 
right stamp for the job by
using part of another, don't you?

'Til tomorrow

Mickie xx
















No comments:

Post a Comment

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.