Wednesday 29 March 2017

Silhouettes

Silhouettes 


Hallo there!

We're nearly a quarter of
the way through the year!

Spring is sprung and the
grass is riz................

So with faeries in mind
here is Angela Radford:




"Hi all, Angela here to show you how I've used 
these gorgeous stamps with my Gelli Plate. 

To begin with I used distress ink with a brayer 
to cover the Gelli Plate. 

I know what you're thinking, 
where is the ink but just wait and see


Place the card over the plate and smooth 
with your hands or a clean roller


 And here is what it should look like


Next cut a circle by hand or with a die and place it in position. 
Brayer over this with your next colour and place the card 
over this and smooth again to transfer the ink


You may wish to turn the Gelli print before stamping 
to get the moon in the position you prefer which I did here.

 Now it's time to stamp.


I continued stamping with coloured distress inks 
until I was satisfied with the coverage 
and then inked the edge by going over it 
with a blending tool


Now I added the Silhouette stamps. 
For these I used a black ink pad, 
first and second generation stamping for 
the flowers.


Rip a piece of paper to cover the bottom section 
to create an area for the fairy and toadstool to stand on 
otherwise they will look as though they are floating. 

Go over this area with Archival ink using a blending tool


I completed the card by stamping with silver ink 
onto a black card blank and added touches of white highlights 
and Stickles Glitter Glue to the stamped images 
before matting and layering


 I couldn't resist adding a little stamping inside. 



Hope you enjoyed watching me make this card. 
I so love Lavinia stamps and I'm sure you will too. 

Happy Crafting

Angela xXx"



Products used:


Thank you Angela for a
lovely card

I do like a bit of magic.............
speaking of which, I wonder where
the winter faeries go in springtime?

Anyone?

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx



















17 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card..I love Lavinia fairies too. Now Mickie..I will tell you a secret..all the winter fairies go to spend the spring and summer at the North Pole with Father Christmas..but shhh don't tell everyone 😉 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane, hope they have some warm clothes to wear. Happy crafty week, Angela xxx

      Delete
  2. Who would have thought the gelli plate would work so well with distress inks! Angela, your background is beautiful and I just love the little scene you created, it is wonderful!!

    I cannot really improve on Jane's answer (above) about the winter fairies, sounds quite logical to me! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Anne. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

      Delete
  3. Magically card, really lovely stamping and colours xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire. It's a funny thing but it almost feels magical using those gorgeous images. Happy crafting, Angela xxx

      Delete
  4. Marvellous creation giving such a mystical effect. Love your breakdown tutorial Angela so informative.. I think those winter fairies take time out during spring to grow their fairy dust in preparation for the Autumn Harvest hee hee.. Happy Crafting all .. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by. Happy crafting, Angela xxx

      Delete
  5. Magical and beautiful!! I love using my Gelliplate with Distress inks too, it works well indeed.. But here, you managed a perfect combination of elements :-) Thank you Angela. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. So pleased you like it. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

      Delete
  7. A stunning Gelli print background, it is beautiful. Thank you for sharing the card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Angela! Wonderful Gelli print technique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Susan, you're very kind xXx

      Delete
  9. This is such a beautiful card! I must play with my Gelli plate more. xxx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.