Friday 24 March 2017

Up The Wall


Up The Wall


Hallo everyone!

Hope your week continues well
Expect you're looking forward 
to the weekend - well, here's a
fun project for you from
Louise Thomson


"I started with a watercolour card tag and 
blended distress inks over it in scattered straw 
and fossilized amber.




Next I taped down my brick stencil and 
blended over fired brick and pumice stone inks.


With the stencil removed I added in a selection 
of plants from Card-io’s backyard blooms stamp set, 
all stamped in mowed lawn distress ink.


I added the spiders web in amongst the plants 
using black versa colour ink, 
then used a black fineliner to join up the
 loose ends of the web.


I die cut a strip of grass and then trimmed 
the off cut so I could use that too, 
to make two different grassy outlines. 

One piece I coated in mowed lawn ink, 
the other I left the original green. 

These were then added to the bottom of the tag. 


I also added in a few creepy crawlies… 
(see how many you can spot…!)


Finally I edged the tag by running the f
ired brick ink pad directly around the edge 
of it and finished off with a few 
coordinating ribbons from my stash."


Materials used;
Distress inks  (scattered straw, fossilized amber, fired brick, pumice stone, mowed lawn)
Green paper and ribbons (from stash)


Great tag Louise, thank you

Such fun with all the little critters


'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx



7 comments:

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.