Thursday 30 March 2017

Silhouettes

Silhouettes 


Hallo there!

Hope you have a happy day

Jane Castle has dropped by today
with a beautiful cheery project
that's sure to bring a smile or two

"I am a big fan of Lavinia Stamps so was very delighted 
when this topic came up. 

The card I'm sharing with you today 
is fairly simple to produce but has 
a girlie magic about it.





To begin with I stamped Believe onto a piece of shrink Plastic 
in Brilliance Pearlescent Olive and Starlite Black. 

This was then cut to size and 2 holes punched 
at the top before heating to shrink.


This was then threaded with some bakers twine 
and set aside whilst I continued with the card. 

For this I started with a blank DL sized card 
and coloured the background with Distress Inks
 and a blending tool.


Then using a small sponge and a torn piece of paper 
added cloud/mist hi-lights before stamping the bottom 
and sides with the flower border stamp and Starlite Black ink. 

Whilst the ink was still wet I brushed on some 
mica powder to give the fairy dust feel.


The fairies were then stamped in black and as there are 
just 3 dancing fairies on this stamp I positioned the second set 
of 3 so the ribbon at the top entwined to give the appearance 
of it just being one continous stamped image.

I then added detail to the ribbon with a fine black pen and tiny dots. 

Lastly I stamped 2 clusters of stars each side of the Believe banner 
and brushed them with perfect pearls.



The nice thing about cards like this is they are suitable 
or any age group young or more mature!"




Items Used

Shrink Plastic
Distress Inks in Faded Jeans, Wild Honey, Victorian Velvet, Twisted Citron and Pumice Stone
Brilliance ink in Pearlescent Olive and Starlite Black


A delightful card Jane, very many thanks.


This would be a good one to
have as a standby I feel so guess
what I'm going to do this afternoon?!

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx









7 comments:

  1. A lovely versatile card. Thank you for reminding me about using shrink plastic. I must dig some out from my stash somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful Lavinina card. Such gorgeous colours and funnily enough I was working with lots of shrink plastic for a project yesterday.....I had fun chasing it around my work surface. It was from a packet I bought at the Old Craft Barn circa 1990s!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine was bought at the Lingfield shop many moons ago too, but that's what is so nice about much of the things we use in crafting ----- you often only need to buy it once as only small amounts are used each time! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, so love these fairies. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful card Jane!!!
    I also love my Lavinia stamps (this is my period! ^^), so really enjoyed reading your post and the way you did it. Gorgeous project, and great idea to use shrink plastic and baker twine to make a lovely banner! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely magical! xxx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.