Saturday 29 April 2017

Quirky Birds


Quirky Birds

Hallo Everyone!

Another beautiful day on
planet Earth - it certainly
is a beautiful day in my
parallel universe......!

Today's project is just
tailor made for those of
us who have difficulty in
knowing what day of the
week we're in........!

Here is Craftyfield to show
us the way.....

"When I saw this bird, standing on one foot 
and looking sorry for himself, I knew 
this Joggles image would be my "Oops" stamp. 

You know "Oops" I forgot your birthday, 
"Oops" I heard you broke your leg... 

I thought a CAS design would be ideal and
 quick to make in a batch.
 I will finish the inside when I know 
what "Oops" I'm dealing with!




I stamped my bird with Distress Oxide, 
partly because I was trying the new inks and 
partly because this happened to be the most appropriate 
yellow for a no-line colouring.

[no-line colouring: when the stamped lines 
are invisible or near invisible after colouring]




I coloured Quirky no3 with watersoluble pencils, 
masked his legs with masking fluid and 
splattered yellows, brown and blue also with the pencils


I stencilled chicken wire behind the bird.



I used an old alphabet stamp set to 
create my sentiment.

I added finishing touches by die-cutting 
with a Stitched frame die.



Now I am all set for my next gaffe!"


Supplies: 
but Card-io makes a great one here


Thank you Craftyfield
I think this is the perfect
"belated/sorry" card I have seen 
in a long while


i think it is so apt I am
going to make a few
After all, I am bound to
have a good many
Oops! moments


'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx









6 comments:

  1. Super idea to have an oops card ready and this little birdie is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so sorry for himself which makes it the perfect image. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genius card, I love it to bits!!! :D
    Thanks for the step-by-step Christine! xx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.