Saturday 17 February 2018

Random


Random


Hallo there!

So, that's it for Valentines
now we are back to the 
nitty gritty of birthdays....

Angela Radford has brought
us a birthday card that I think
would make a charming
Valentine card too....... Yes, I
do mean without the sentiment




 "Hi, back again with a quick card made with
 some left-over die-cut paper.

 I seem to keep so much left-overs so decided 
it was time to use it up. 

This could be made with any shape you happen
 to have made. 

The stitched edge can be done with stamping
 or drawn by hand.


The stamps used on the card blank are
 Penny Black and Carabelle and I've used 
sequins dotted around too.


 The technique used for colouring the paper
 used Distress Oxides which I applied
 direct to the surface.


Spray this with water and let the colours blend. 
Allow this to dry naturally or my personal favourite
 is to place another piece of card over the top 
and blot which will give you a second piece of
 card to work with later. 

Back soon and happy stamping everyone, 

Angela xXx"


This really is an innovative card
Angela, thank you very much.
I rather like the colour combo too


I shall be saving my die cut paper
as well now............  just as well
I don't do all that much die cutting.

I love the shapes left behind though
and such a quick card idea too


'Til tomorrow 

Mickie xx


4 comments:

  1. Great use of that die cut left over it gives the illusion that it is under the print but on closer inspection I see it is underneath, very clever!! The stitched edge boxes it all off perfectly. A beautiful card which could be used for so many occasions. Thank you for sharing.
    Creative wishes Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tracey, so pleased you like it. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

      Delete
  2. Wonderful techniques Angela!! The background or, actually, I should say, the foreground is gorgeous. I love the colours and the way you blended them .. turned out beautifully! As Tracey said, so clever to place the die cut blank over the top of the stamping. A simple technique but so very effective! Fabulous card! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment Margaret. Have a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

      Delete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.