Sunday 25 February 2018

Random


Random


Hi There!

It is the last Sunday in the
month - nearly springtime 
How fabulous is that?  

Love it when the thick
waterproof, hat, scarf
and warm gloves become
superfluous to requirements

Makes leaving the house so
much quicker..............
Yes, I know, dream on ....

In the meantime Craftyfield
has discovered a new way 
of decorating greyboard and
chipboard ..........





"Did you know the Tando chipboard pieces
 can be embossed with folders? 

When I discovered this is possible, 
I saw them in a different light... 

With frames in particular, the added 
dimension gives them the look of ornate 
Vintage woodwork.

Today's project is showcasing this technique.


 First I painted the frame with several 
colours of acrylic paints, I was aiming for a 
Verdigris finish.



I embossed the frame in a Cuttlebug folder
 and applied Metallic Lustre to highlight
 the texture.

My frame is ready... 

I selected an image from PaperArtsy Hot pick 1207 
and stamped it with Versafine black. 

To age it, I used a mix of Antique Linen 
and Walnut Stain Distress inks.


 I created the background with layers 
upon layers of Distress Oxide inks 
in Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean and 
Scattered Straw. 

A bit of stencilling and stamping 
on top (PaperArtsy ELB33).

Finally, I picked the embellishments from 
my overflowing left overs bin.

There you have it a simple technique to 
jazz up these chipboards!"


Thank you Craftyfield, I love this
technique it adds interest to what
is often a boringly plain piece of
board!


I do enjoy Craftyfield's mini tutorials
don't you?  Just enough to inspire
the experimentation gene in us all

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx







2 comments:

  1. Great techniques. thanks for sharing these with us, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!! I love this technique, and the result is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.