Friday 23 February 2018

Random


Random


Happy Friday Everyone!

In case you don't have a 
huge amount of time what
with preparations for the
weekend, shopping and
the like ........ 

I have a gorgeous birthday
card to share with you today
from Claire Jackson ......



"With spring just around the corner, 
I’ve returned to one of my favourite 
PaperArtsy Hot Picks stamps 
for a quick and easy birthday card.

First I stamped the flower and 
masked it off. 

Next I masked the top of the card 
and used Distress Oxide ink and stencils
 to build up the bottom strip. 

I used a damp baby wipe to
 knock the ink back in places.

Keeping the flower mask in place I 
stencilled the top portion of the card with 
a variety of Stampers Anonymous 
Tim Holtz layering stencils.

 I inked a Kaisercraft stamp with black 
Archival ink and pressed parts of it onto 
the card without using a block.

Removing the flower mask I used 
watercolour pencils to add a little shading
 around the flower and to the petals 
and to finish off the sentiment is a 
double die cut layered black over white.

You can vary the colours to make a 
card for almost any occasion."

Thank you Claire for a lovely
card.  Surprising how many
birthdays there are in February ....

Interesting to see what can
be done without using loads of stash!

'Til tomorrow

Mickie xx




2 comments:

  1. Great card Claire, love the background. Have a great weekend & keep warm. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I’m away in Lincolnshire and it’s a bit nippy!

      Delete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.