Saturday 22 July 2017

Fond Farewell


Fond Farewell


Hi There!

It's the end of the week already!

For any of you as time
 challenged as me I would advise 
a more realistic expectation 
of what we can achieve in a
 week is called for........

Louise Thomson is with us
today to share a leaving card


"I started this project by applying strips
 of random Washi tape on to a piece of 
white card.


I gave it a coating in Nougat
 fresco paint, followed by 
some jade paint.


 I added water and wiped back some 
of the jade fresco paint to keep it
 light and textured.



Using more fresco paints as an ink, 
I stamped the IO clouds stamp.


 The archival ink used here is permanent
 and perfect for stamping over shinier
 surfaces like that of the Washi tape.


 I ended up using three of the four 
colours in the new archival mini set one.


 I wanted a bit more texture so I 
used a set of nesting circle dies 
to create rings


Then on a spare piece of paper I
 stamped the air balloon again,
 cut it out and mounted it using
 lots of 3d foam pads.


Next I used dies to cut out the 
lettering I wanted...


and spritzed with colour bloom
 for a shimmery, textured finish 


 I added the lettering and highlighted it 
using fineliner, then popped a border 
around the edge to finish."


Materials;

Washi tape
Fresco paints (Nougat and jade)


A lovely card Louise,
many thanks

Entirely appropriate for
us too as we go on to
a new week.....

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx


3 comments:

  1. Super card Louise, love the way the red balloon pops ( not literally 😂) out of the card. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoying that play on word's and your kind comment- thanks Jane!

      Delete
  2. Fabulous card, love the colours and texture and the red and white balloon looks so cool against the rest, it really stands out! xxx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.