Thursday 20 July 2017

Fond Farewells

Fond Farewells


Hi there!

What do retired people do
all day?  All the ones I know
are frantically rushing about
cramming into each day
all the things they always
dreamed of .............

Ah yes, time to 
celebrate ............

.......and to get us started
here's Claire Jackson
with a delightful
 retirement card

"The time to wine down stamp designed by
 Francoise Read for Woodware 
is perfect for collage. 

Together with the new sets of mini archival inks,
 which are great for stamping on glossy surfaces,
 this stamp was crying out to be used on acetate 
for a retirement card.



First I created a background by swooshing
 broken china and peeled paint Distress Oxide inks 
on a craft mat, spritzing with water and dipping 
the card into the ink.

 I kept dipping the card into the ink until
 I had the layers I wanted, with some white 
still visible. 

I also added a few tiny spatters of cactus flower 
archival ink.


Next I stamped the image twice on heat resistant 
acetate, once in leaf green and once in 
cactus flower and heat set it. 

I also stamped it once more on white card
 and completely dried the background 
before stamping it for the final time
 in watering can ink. 

I used a stamp positioner as it is quite 
a large stamp and it really helped to 
stamp it twice to get a dark image and
 catch the bits I missed first time.


I cut the glasses and tall bottle from the
 pink sheet and the round bottle from the 
green sheet. 

I rubbed the cactus flower ink pad over
 the reverse of the pink images,
 wiping off the top part of the glasses, 
before heat setting it.

 I repeated it with the green bottle
 and the leaf green.


From the white card I cut out the labels 
and coloured them with pencil. 

While the cheese, leaf and corkscrew were 
coloured in fossilised amber Distress Ink.


Once all the hard work was done I could 
layer up the pieces, gluing them down 
with glossy accents. 

I added cactus flower enamel accents 
to the grapes, a few white highlights
 with a paint pen and a light shadow 
with a grey pencil.


Although not quite ready for retirement,
 it is time to put my feet up, sit back
 and relax I think!"


Materials used:

white paint pen

Thanks Claire, those Woodware
stamps really lend themselves
to some great techniques don't they?

Anyone running Retirement Training
Courses?  

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx

3 comments:

  1. Great card Claire, really like the acetate layer. This is such a versitle stamp, great for Men's cards but have also used it as a thank you for a dinner party card! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lovely idea as a thank you to your hosts.

      Delete
  2. What a great stamp and card!!!
    Thank you Claire, I love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.