Wednesday 26 July 2017

Woodn't It Be Lovely?

Wooden't It Be Lovely?


Hi There!

Have you seen the little trays
of wooden embellishments
by Kaisercraft?  I'm rather
taken by the trays but keep
wondering whatever would I do
with the contents ...............

.............Enter The Craft Barn
Design Team ............... first off
here's Craftyfield with a tag:



"I hate thowing away any of my supplies 
and since I have full sheets of the 
wonderful Imagination Crafts Rice papers
 (have you seen the full range available
 at the Craft Barn?) I decided to use up
 the left overs from other projects 
in this one tag. 

They don't match but no worries, 
that's where sprays come in!


 I selected these pieces which I then 
glued on my gessoed tag with 
gel medium.



 I'm trying out my composition...


I added a bit of metallic shine with 
Imagination Crafts Starlight paint
 in Mint and a stencil.


Whilst I had the paint out I used it to 
colour match a piece of card. 

I also added the paint sparingly 
around the tag.


Now onto sprays to give the various papers 
a cohesive look. 

On the right these are 2 of the new colours 
and on the left one of the first released colour.

For those who are familiar with the 
older Prima Bloom sprays, the new ones 
present several differences:

 the bottle does not come ready mixed with water,
 the clear packaging has disappeared 
and finally
 the spray mechanism is different.

It's too early for me to give a definite
 review of the new spray bottles but at 
first sight they are as good as the previous ones, 
which, in my opinion, were fantastic.

 The spray is much finer and so doesn't 
make the paper so wet as to warp as much.


I used a brush to paint my embellishments, 
wooden flourishes from Kaisercrafts, Life's a beach 
also with the Color Bloom sprays


I kept two of the embellishments bare and 
matted on a roughly gessoed square of 
kraft cardstock. To knock back the white, 
I used Distress Oxide in Faded Jeans."

Supplies:

Thank you Craftyfield - that is a
gorgeous tag

Such a clever idea to use all
those bits we seem to
accumulate because they are
too nice to throw away......
.....actually, they are aren't they?!!

'Till tomorrow


Mickie xx

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag, all the various layers give it a wonderful depth. I don't think crafters throw anything away , l certainly don't . Every now and then I have a tidy up and put odd bits in a box I have for my grandchildren to create with --- sometimes they enjoy looking through the box as much as making things with it 😆.X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag and brilliant ideas there. Thank you fir sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tag and great detail. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the trays those embellishments come in too - have one sitting on my table right now, awaiting inspiration! I'm amazed at the transformation once you started spraying - it already looked great beforehand, but the colours really bring the whole tag zinging to life.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tag by Christine! Fantastic collage, transformation and assemblage of various scraps, bits and bobs, love it. Corinne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the fun elements you have used on this gorgeous tag. Great colours and thank you for the step by step and hints along the way x

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.