Friday 18 March 2016

Green - Dawn Heald



Helloooo,

How are you all?
Well I expect you all know that 17th March
is St Patrick's Day.
Rather that get the DT to do something 
for that 'day' which I'm sure we've done before,
we gave them the colour green.
Not a colour that I would normally consider
to be in my comfort zone.  
Today we start with Dawn.

Dawn says.....

I've decided to go all out green in my 
handmade art journal. This page is a
 few book pages glued together to make
 a sturdy page. It may bring me some
 luck as I think I could do with some.


To make this page.....


I painted all over with various Fresco Finish
 paints. Using just the one brush and
 not drying until I'd finished painting.


Next up I used the Eclectica Stamps with
 paint to stamp randomly over the page.
Then used grey Stazon for the single round
stamp and black Stazon around the page edges.



Next I made some four leaf clovers by
 punching some hearts and edging with
 Pistachio Distress Ink then gluing to the 
centre of a punched circle. Then hand
 cut some strips for stems.
I glued these to my page and added my
 journal words. Finished off with lime green
 Stickles Glitter Glue.





What a clever way to use your punch!

Thank you Dawn, hope this has inspired
you to get those punches out and
have a play!

See you tomorrow,

Jane x

3 comments:

  1. Green ain't my colour either... still with lots of Spring inspired projects to make I'm going to resign myself to using lots of it! Lovely background Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like green, but actually came to comment on something else... Has the winner of last years calendar challenge been posted? I totally missed it, if it has...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No you haven't missed it Kristiina, totally my fault, still working on it!
      Jane xs

      Delete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.