Saturday 5 March 2016

Share a Recipe - Dawn Heald



Morning all,

Yay, it's the weekend!
Do these weeks seem to be flying by
or is it me?
Hope you all have something fun 
planned for the next few days....oh
and of course for those in the UK 
it is Mothers Day tomorrow....
a day when all of us mum's do nothing
all day but get spoilt!  Yeah right,
washing, washing up, cooking etc,
hopefully I won't be cooking dinner!

Today, Dawn is here with her 
project for us....

Dawn says....
Hello Crafty friends, this week I've
 decorated a small notebook to write down
 recipes in. Small enough to fit in my
 handbag too so when I see a recipe in
 a magazine in a waiting room etc, I 
can jot it down, or when I see something
 on social media. If it works and tastes
 good, then it can go in my larger recipe
 book. I've kept it simple and flat so I can
 cover it with clear adhesive sheets to protect it.


To make this project - 
Gather your supplies. Paint the covers with 
a coat of Snowflake paint.


Then squeeze your Fresco Finish Paints 
 colours onto mat and use sponges to
 apply to notebook covers. Build up the
 layers drying between each colour. I 
sponged light to dark and repeated.


Next stamp Baking Sampler with Versafine
 ink and colour. I've used Inktense
 Pencils and a water brush.


Cut out around image.
Stick to front cover and go between the
 stamped lines with Stickles Glitter Glue.





Products used -

Mermaid, Caribbean Sea, Teresa Green, Granny Smith
Watercolour Card

This is beautiful Dawn and what a
lovely gift it would make.  a good
idea to keep it small so that you can have
it with you when shopping for those
necessary ingredients!!

So, that is it for today, see you
tomorrow for our next letter in the
Alpha/Dictionary Challenge!

Jane x



1 comment:

  1. Excellent idea... Maybe I should tackle my own recipe notebook and give it a makeover too! LOve your choice of colours, very cool.

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.