Thursday 22 June 2017

Acetate

Acetate 


Hallo Everyone!

You might want to pay
a lot of attention to 
Louise Thomson's tutorial
today - she has given us
a trio of greetings cards

The fun starts here ...........

"Hi there!
Having been challenged  to create 
something using acetate and enamel
 I decided a clean and simple style would
 work really well. 

I selected a fairly basic set of resources
 to create three different clean and 
simple cards, suitable for lots of occasions.

For card number one



I used a square white card
 and die cut 'bright bubbles' from it. 



Using a steel ruler and a craft knife 
I sliced about an inch off the edge of the card


I then added a piece of acetate the 
same size as the original card front 
and added the die cut bubbles back in.


I blended a few bright distress inks onto 
white card and die cut the bright bubbles 
die again.


I used the coloured die cut pieces to fill
 in some of the holes on the card


I blended a little more ink on to white card,
 and cut out some lettering using another sizzix die.
I stuck these on to the edge of the acetate.


Finally, I finished the card with some dots of enamel.



For card number two



I used the sizzix alphabet dies to cut out 
the word 'celebrate' (For obvious reasons this has 
to be done with a few rolls through the big shot.


I backed them with a piece of acetate


I used some bright distress inks to create
 a rainbow effect panel.


With the rainbow panel cut out, I edged it 
with 3D foam mount tape 


and filled it with sequins and seed beads
then sealed it with a piece of acetate to 
create a shaker and stuck it to the
inside of the card as a surprise


To finish the front of the card I dotted 
some enamel accents around the lettering
 and using the point of my craft knife, 
I dragged out the enamel dots to create a 
splat effect.



For card number three


I sliced the edge off a square white card


Using more of my rainbow inked card 
I cut out the letters 'happy'


I replaced the missing piece of card with 
acetate and added a strip of white card back
 on to the very edge.


I stuck the lettering on to the acetate 
and stamped a birthday sentiment below


Finally, the card is finished off with some more
 lovely dots of enamel accents"


Materials List:

Distress inks - scattered straw, abandoned coral, wilted violet, lucky clover, mermaid lagoon.
Enamel Acents - Grape soda, Forget-me-not, Lemon Twist
Birthday stamp (by Craft work cards, similar one here)


Thank you very much Louise for
showing us how to make these 
 very effective cards


I feel a purchase coming on
those dies would be such a
useful addition to my stash..........!

'Til tomorrow

Mickie xx


1 comment:

  1. Great collection of cards Louise. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.