Wednesday 28 June 2017

Undercover


Undercover


Hi Everyone

Are you familiar with the
Cover-a-Card stamps? 
 
I guess we might just be
speaking to the converted
however, if you haven't seen
these before you might 
join the converted by the
end of the week.............

Today we have Jane Castle
with us:

"For my project today I decided to make 
a variation of a toddlers bithday card 
as I thought it might be fun to have 
something to hang on the wall of a 
nursery or playroom.



I began by giving my heart base a coat of
 Titanium White paint on both the front and back.

Then once dry made 2 holes at the top ready 
for hanging. 

Next I built up layers of blue and white paint
 using pieces of Cut & Dry foam.


Once I was happy with my background 
I stamped the Birthday Words in Versa-Mark ink 
and heat embossed with white embossing powder.



 I then cut a piece of white card the same 
shape as the heart and stamped Happy Birthday 
on it before attaching to the back. 
This was done so that the finished piece 
could then have a written message on.

The image was then die cut from various 
odds and ends of patterned card and felt.

 I was amazed at how well the tiny steel 
parts of this creature cut the felt, 
but really like the difference in texture 
to using all card. 

I built up the image first before attaching it
 to the heart as I wasn't quite sure 
of the positioning.

Next onto the 3 balloons --- these are from the 
Tando Mini series. 
They were coloured by dabbing ink straight from 
the ink pads and then heat embossed using 
clear embossing powder.



The ribbon was threaded through the holes before 
assembling the gator and balloons. 
His hands/paws were glued in position after 
attaching the balloon strings.


I have to say I had lots of fun putting 
this together and even now give a little smile
 when I look at the finished piece."



Items Used

Impression Obsession Die 422-N Patchwork Gator
Tando Creative Large Heart
Tando Creative Mini Balloons
Deco-Art Titanium White Acrylic Paint
PaperArtsy Fresco Chalk Lake Wanaka Paint
Stampendous Detail White & Detail Clear Embossing Powder
Brilliance Pearlescent Thyme Ink
Brilliance Rocket Red Ink
Versa-Magic Mango Madness Ink

From Craft-Room Stash:
Off cuts of patterned card
Off cuts of felt
Sewing thread for balloons
Length of ribbon


Thank you Jane - that is a
really nice idea; a card you
can hang on the wall.

Wouldn't mind receiving one
of those myself - it would make
me smile every time I looked
at it too!

'Til tomorrow

Mickie xx


3 comments:

  1. A really cute wall hanging. The background would be very useful to have in my craft stash as it's very versatile. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dinosaure is cute! I love the CAC stamps, they make backgrounds so easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These stamps certainly make fantastic backgrounds and are excellent for cropping. X

      Delete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.