Wednesday 18 January 2012

Card mechanics week: secret pull

Hi, 
You know what's the tricky part for me this week, is to find a name for all those unusual cards the DT have made for you. When I was looking at the pictures (back stage), I was like "OMG, how on earth did she / he think of that".
Here's a "pull thingy" one with GIO... stunning work... 
Who's going to give it a go? 
If you are, please don't forget to share it with us! 


I made a masculine birthday card, recycling a glue dots box : I think a guy can enjoy a card with a mechanism inside.

1- I cut a long stripe of paper from an A3 sheet of copy paper. I gessoed it with Claudine Hellmuth gesso.
I glued to it pieces of torn book page with Claudine Hellmuth Multimedium Matte. 
2- I stencilled the background with Tando Masks: Cogs group and TH Distress Ink Tea Dye.
3- I stamped the word 'Happy Birthday' with Crafty Secrets: Artsy Alphabet and TH Distress Ink Black Soot . I added some little swirls from the same Alphabet stamps and I distressed the edges with TH Distress Ink Tea Dye


4-I prepared the mechanism: I cut a pencil with a knife, the length is equal to the box plus 1 cm on both sides. I coloured the Pencil with TH Alcohol ink Pitch Black 
5-I made two holes on both sides of the box, large enough to slip the pencil inside.
6-I black gessoed the box with Claudine Hellmuth black gesso. 
.


7-I gessoed a piece of book pages. I cut two gothic arches. I stamped one with a text with Stampers Anonymous - Just thoughts stamp, and the other one with some swirl from the Alphabet stamps using TH Distress Ink.
8-I cut this arch in two and I glued two hinges. I glued one arch to the front of the box, and I attached the two little doors with a brad to the box. 
9-The last and trickiest part is to glue the long strip of paper to the pencil: you can open up the box, or you can slip the strip inside the box and glue to the pencil. I attached an eyelet to one edge of the strip along with some embellishments.

Material list
Tando Masks: Cogs group
Viva Pardo jewellery clay: onyx glitter
Claudine Hellmuth Studio - Kit - Mediums 
Crafty Secrets: Artsy Alphabet 
Stampers Anonymous - Tim Holtz: Just thoughts
Tim Holtz embellishments: Game spinners







See you tomorrow

12 comments:

  1. c'est tentant de te suivre..
    c'est beau,rigolo et malin comme tout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! this is amazing would like to give this a try going to search for box!!

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this is clever! Fabulous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastica!!!! Giò, sei bravissima!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so clever, beautiful take!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is one amazing creation. So clever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous creation, love the embellishments!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely loveee this!
    jude

    ReplyDelete
  9. Incroyable cette boite-carte d'anniversaire, whooom !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing Gio! A beautiful piece of artwork!!

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.