Wednesday 4 January 2012

Ink yourself silly: glass charms

HI :o)
After the handbag charm, Gio is here with us today to show you how she made those gorgeous glass charms. Love the vibrant colours, this would look soooo nice on the table. What do you think? 
Let us know in a comment below... 



I took a Stampbord domino. I stamped with black Stazon and PaperArtsy Hotpicks 1006. 

I started to colour with distress Ink, picking colours with a finger covered with a baby wipe I started with the light colour and trying to blend the colours together. 

I covered one side of the tile with Versamark and silver embossing powder. I heated with the heatgun and embossed all 4 sides. 


Tip of the day
You can double emboss, to get a faux soldering effect.




With the same rubber plate I created little embellishments out of shrink plastic, stamping with Black and Red Stazon, cutting the images and shrinking with the heat-gun (remember to make a hole in the plastic before melting) 


I made two holes on the tile and I added beads and embellishments. 
This tiles are perfect to use as keyrings, because they are unbreakeable and light, but I used them as "glass charms".
To make these kind of charms you have to use a long head-pins and bending it on one side, creating a loop to use to hang the charm to the glass.








Gio used:
Stampbord squares and rectangles. Assorted bag
Distress ink Mustard seed, Barn door, broken china, Worn Lipstick
Tim Holtz embellishments: Game spinners
Cosmic Shimmer Lustre Embossing powder: silver shine
assorted beads

Stunning isn't it?
See you tomorrow for more inky fingers... 








23 comments:

  1. Another fab idea. So much to try out in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful charms, love the images. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning indeed; love the vibrant colors...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these, such wonderful colours and stamps. I would never have thought to blend distress inks with a baby wipe though and as I sometimes struggle with making my blending look good, this is something I'm definitely going to try out. Thanks for sharing your tips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are beautiful and I have some dominoes to alter so I will have to have a go at this one thanks for the demo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elles sont sublimes ces créas
    Bravo
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still hav elots of dominos to alter! So this is just the thing.
    A question: you call it the glass charms, but I see no glass?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea and amazing result!!
    I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Ellie


    HI Ellie,
    They are called glass charms because you put them at the bottom of the (drinking) glasses (as on picture 1)
    hope that helps
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous and beautifully coloured! Thanks for the tip about using baby wipes...I'm going to have to buy a pack and get the tongues wagging....!!! Great project Gio, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic, I love them! So colourful - another fab idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous project, beautiful results - I can see lots of variations for this theme, thanks so much for the inspiration, just what I needed!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what did you use to make th eholes in the stampboard?

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ anuttyquilter

    hi, I'm not sure what Gio used, but I find that the crop-A-dile is the best tool ever (http://www.thecraftbarn.co.uk/product.php/18186/crop-a-dile). And it's definitely what I use on my stampbord pieces.
    Hope that helps.
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really, REALLY stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Merveilleux !!! J'adore...

    ReplyDelete
  17. J'adore le résultat!
    I love the result!!!bizz

    ReplyDelete
  18. @ anuttyquilter

    I used a drill (a very old one) with a 2 mm drill.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the colours, love the stamps fantastic charms !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous designs. I especially love the blend of colours over the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great idea :) I am pinning it to my Pinterest page :)

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.