Tuesday 3 January 2012

Ink yourself silly: handbag charm

Hello :o)
You've been waiting for this... Linda Elbourne's first project on this blog and it is such a beautiful project (they always are). After talking about misters yesterday, we are featuring alcohol inks and permanent inks today used with Fragments and Shrink Plastic. 
So over to you Linda...


This handbag charm is really simple to make and makes a fab last minute gift... which are the types of gift I like ... because I am usually last minute :0)
I die cut the butterflies from Shrink Plastic and stamped on them with StazOn ... Why StazOn? Because it is specifically designed to be permanent on any shiny surface. 
Once shrunk ... I then added colour with Alcohol inks! If you blow gently on the inks while they are drying ... you get a lovely soft colour which looks like vintage glass. 


 Some butterflies were hole punched before shrinking ... but the others were shrunk, shaped and attached to fragment charms which had also been coloured using Alcohol ink and then attached to white gloss card stamped with Ranger Archival ... that is my "Go to" ink for just about everything!

You can find our metal charms in the embellishment section on our website

Products used:
PaperArtsy Hot Picks 1005


Love this!! Makes me want to sit and craft and make one myself.
Thanks Linda :O)

Tip of the day 
Use the alcohol ink on one side of the shrink plastic/fragment and the stazOn on the other. StazOn being solvent based is not compatible with alcohol inks. If you want to stamp on the side you coloured with alcohol inks, then use the Ranger Archival instead ;)

See you tomorrow

20 comments:

  1. wonderful project Linda, love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning, I was disappointed your shop was not open last Fri. I was down that way and was hoping to spend my Christmas money there. Thanks for putting your opening times on your website though, I checked before making the trip there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, thats lovely! I just got some shrink plastic and I have the butterfly die so I will have to try something like this. Great idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant project I can't wait to give it a go. The tip is brilliant I've had lots of disasters mixing Stazon & alcohol inks - I never thought to put one on each side duh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous project & an excellent tip of the day. Thanks Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful project and love the tip re blowing on the inks. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous project! Its gorgeous. Thank you for the tips too, appreciated lots! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous projects love the end result of the fragments and shrink plastic.Happy 2012 to you all
    hugs Judex

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cuty charms !! I love the colours too... Thanks for the tips and explanations !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the components and products you used to make this Linda and I absolutely love handbag charms so can't wait to give this a try. Particularly like the tiny butterflies attached to the fragments.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous ! Gonna have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous Linda, what a wonderful start down this new Path on your Crafting Journey!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant and gorgeous work here Linda! BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifull colours !!!!
    Mirevan from Chambéry

    www.mirevan.canalblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous project Linda, must give this a try.

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.