Saturday 21 January 2012

Simply Saturday mechanics: pop-up card

Hi, 
Welcome to our Simply Saturday's post. Gay has done wonders again with a pop-up bath tub ;)
I like pop-up cards, they are always a nice surprise when someone opens it. (although I must confess, I have never tried making one myself). 
So let's see how Gay made this beautiful stylish card. 


First I stamped and cut out the bath. The photos show how I gauged the size of the bath on the inside fold of the insert card. 


I cut two slits in the insert and scored the top line in both directions to help fold. I find when matching up the two cards it's easier to only uncover a small amount of the tape and this gives you room to move them about and get them in the right position.



Gay used

Kanban clear stamps Mocha Boudoir 
Judikins Diamond Glaze for the bubbles
Copics for colouring

See you next week
Have a great weekend

10 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Gay, thanks for the tutorial. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and fab tutorial. Thanks for sharing. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card and this unusual subject !!! I love it !
    Thank you for sharing
    Mirevan from Chambéry

    www.mirevan.canalblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like this card and going to have a go! I've even tracked down the stamps which look great for a very girly card. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tute I love the bath bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card.


    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. bonne idee de ns expliquer comment mesurer le syxteme pop up par rapport à une image donnee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would love to have a go at this and thanks to your tutorial now I can x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! such a girlie card x

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.