Saturday 28 January 2012

Simply Saturday cover a card

Hi, 
Welcome to our last day of Cover-a-Card week. We hope you enjoyed it. 
Today, Gay is showing you how she made her vibrant papers she used on a card and Art Journal page. 
Let us know what you think ;)


I used watercolour paints and painted and covered a large sheet of 300gsm rough watercolour paper, sprayed with cosmic shimmer mica mists and then stamped with IO cover a card Stamps. By cutting the result into strips it was easy to move them about until I achieved the colour contrasts that I was looking for. I punched a large circle to include one of the coloured areas that I really liked. Playing about with the shapes gave me an idea how they could lay on the card and then I chose the sentiments to compliment the shapes created by the strips.


I made a journal page with one of the strips. 


I used Cover a Card Stamps:
Personal Impressions: Just Because
As for water colouring, you have several options on our site:
Watercolour paper can be found in the Specialty paper here



See you next week
Have a great weekend



8 comments:

  1. Amazing colours & what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like this idea very much, it's the thing I like to do most, playing with paint, water, colour and glimmer......
    I often work with the CAC from IO as I am a designer for the Posthumus shop in the Netherlands. They are the only one who sells IO in the Netherlands. So I am very lucky with those stamps, they are great! It was so nice to see what you've did with them this week!creative greet Miranda

    http://miracleartinspirations.blogspot.com/
    http://miraculousarts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for using up all those off cuts of colour work which I'm too mean to throw away! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab idea and I soooo love the colours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colours, I love the end results.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really enjoying this series of ideas - thanks so much for the inspiration. I have the Inktense blocks but never got round to using them yet - now is the time to get them out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea and being able to utilize the entire sheet makes it even more wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.