Tuesday 31 January 2012

Metal & Acetate: jewellery

Hi,
Today Gio had made a gorgeous little set for you which would make a great gift: a little altered box with matching earrings.
Absolutely LOVE this... and can't wait to hear what you think.

Don't forget you can click the little review "boxes" at the bottom if you don't have time to leave a comment. It does help us to see what projects you like to see on this blog.




For the earrings:
I cut out two circles from a Metal sheet - real copper. I embossed them using Craft Concept embossing folder: Sun rays.
Now the magic: I put the metal near a flame, until the metal changes colour. You can get always different effects depending how long you heat it.
I stamped a sheet of acetate with Black Stazon using Katzelkraft rubber stamps - Sandglass. 
I cut out two little clocks from the acetate and I glued them with Glossy accents to the metal circles. I put an eyelet and added the Fish hook Earwire.


For the little box:
I cut out a circle of metal. I distressed the edge with a rolling wheel from Ten Seconds Basic set. 
I cut out the circle in 4 parts and I embossed them separately, using Cuttlebug folders and a Craft Concept embossing folder. 
I added a bit of colour with Viva Pardo Precious Metal paint.
I glued the 4 pieces to the metalllic tin, previously coloured with ranger Alcohol Ink pitch black. 
I added the stamped acetate with Glossy accents.


I even created two little stands for the earrings, using leftovers of acetate


I made a second version cutting out the greatest circles from a stamped acetate using Stampers Anonymous - Tim Holtz: Flourish ATC stamp, and the smallest ones from metal.
Material used:
Metal sheet - real copper
Katzelkraft unmounted rubber stamps - Sandglass
Craft Concept embossing folder: Rays and Retro circles set
Viva Precious Metal paints: lime, lilac, yellow, blackberry
Stampers Anonymous - Tim Holtz: Flourish ATC stamp 
StazOn Jet black
Cuttlebug embossing folder: floral Fantasy
Cuttlebug embossing folder: mesh

See you tomorrow


8 comments:

  1. Wow I would wear them for sure :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant, I love how you've used the copper & acetate together in 1 project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the embossing on the tin. Fab projects. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fabulous - I love copper and love earings - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love metal embossing, love the heated copper look and this project sound like a lot of fun, must try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the 'how to' for these fab projects. Love those earrings.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look gorgeous! I've been experimenting with printing and shrinking acetate and having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.