Thursday 26 January 2012

Cover a Card: Wrapping and AJ

Hi,
How about some wrapping and Art Journaling for today with our Italian inspirational  Gio. Lovely idea to make your own wrapping paper. Always better than Thomas the Tank engine when you realise you have run out of wrapping paper for the last minute present... 
Let's see how Gio mastered that one... 



I cut out some simple shapes from a piece of acetate, a circle and a diamond. 
I start to stamp a sheet of newsprint using the stencil and a IO Cover a card -swirls and flourishes, using different mediums.
I even cut out from a sheet of acetate an high heel shoe and I stamped the newsprint with TH Distress ink . I outlined the shoes with the help of the stencil, with a black permanent pen.


This is the template I used:



You can use these newsprint to wrap gifts, make background for scrapbooking pages, cards or AJ.
I used mine to wrap some presents







and to make an AJ page:

I covered the page with Claudine Hellmuth Multi medium Matte , I glued a piece of newsprint paying attention to create some wrinkles, to add texture to the background. 
I even highlighted the wrinkles with TH Distress ink Worn Lipstick.
I cut out a shoe from another piece of stamped newsprint and I traced out the silhouette with Claudine Hellmuth gesso. I glued it to the page.
I stamped and cut out the sentiment with the Crafty Secrets Alphabet stamp and TH Distress Ink. 






Material used:
Impression Obsession Cover a card Swirls , Flourishes
Artcoe Blue bell spiral cartrige book: short edge A5 
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints: Haystack - Guacamole - Orchid 
Archival Ink Coffee, Crimson
TH Distress Stains Peeled Paint, Dusty Concord and Wild Honey
TH Distress ink WornLipstick- Broken China - DustyConcord - Aged Mahogany- Mustard Seed
Claudine Hellmuth Multimedium Matte

See you tomorrow

4 comments:

  1. What a fab idea for wrapping and I love the journal page. This is another fab technique - thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stencils are a great idea to add a little something to the stamping and with Cover a Card stamps, the stamping shouldn't take too long...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea for wrapping paper! Where can I buy newsprint paper please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia

      We have some rolls of big white paper that you can stamp on in the shop but as we only have a few and the supplier has stopped carrying them they are not on line. You can always ring us in the shop and we can post them out to you (01342 836398). Sandy

      Delete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.