Tuesday 22 May 2012

Dreamweaver week: Table mat

Ciao!
It's Gio's turn today or "how to use stencils and paste with fabric"
This is such a neat idea. Coming to the (warmer?) summer months, how about making a few of those to brighten up your patio table for those BBQ evening?

****
I upcycled and old t-shirt using a roll of rubber drawer liner to make two colourful crafty placemats.


For the placemat: I cut the t-shirt in stripes, I placed them on the desk and I coloured them using some Cosmic Shimmer Mister: Candy Pink, Teal Wash, Lava Red, Mango Blush.
I cut the drawer liner to the size, I glued the left and right border to re-inforce it. I made holes all along the borders 1 cm from one another. I slid the fabric strip through the holes and I knotted it




For the pocket: I cut a piece of fabric from the t-shirt, I sprayed some Cosmic Mists. I mixed the Dreamweaver embossing paste: Crackle with DecoArt Quinacridone Violet and Americana Ultramarine, getting a violet shade. I put the Dreamweaver stencil on the piece of fabric and I spread the paste with a palette knife. I lifted up the stencil gently . Once dry, the fabric will be slightly deformed, just put it on reverse, push and pull gently the fabric until it is flat again. I covered the stencilled area with Glossy Accents.



 I glued and then stitched the pochet to the placemat 




and don't let the ball of yarn unattended 


Materials
Dreamweaver stencil: Cat watch
Cosmic Shimmer Misters: candy pink, Teal Wash, lava red, mango blush
DecoArt Traditions Artist Acrylic: Quinacridone Violet
DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Ultramarine blue



Our special offer this week

20% on Carol Cockbain's DVD
Just type
DREAMWEAVERCAROL
in the offer code box as you go through checkout!






4 comments:

  1. Very cool!!! I can see lots of possibilities with this!! Love your little yarn stealer..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the coloured fabric. another fabulous project. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love it ! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so creative!!!love your placemat

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.