Monday 14 May 2012

Faux finishes week: Stitching

Hi,
And welcome to our Faux Finishes week.
There are lots of techniques out there to get different finishes to your project (marble, crackle, stone, aged metal, enamel etc..) and the team will show you how to achieve those this week.
Lots of beautiful samples and step by steps coming up, it will be a real treat.

We are going to start the week with Linda and faux-stitching.
Many of you might not have a sewing machine or (like me) have one "in the corner" but rarely use it. Faux stitching is very easy to achieve: you can do it the way Linda did on the card below, or you can stamp (and emboss if you wish) a stitching pattern and then make the hole with a piercer afterwards.

You don't have a stitching stamp and can't be bovvered with the ruler and piercing tool? Then how about the Sew Easy range? you can get paper piercing done in a fraction of a second, and then use your pen for the faux stitching!

There are lots of patterns to choose from!


even banners!


Who needs a machine after all ;)


******
My sewing machine hates me .... scrap that ... all sewing machines hate me ... so when someone says Faux ... I think Faux Stitching! So for the Craft Barn's Faux week I thought I would share my quick and easy method for creating that whole stitched look without so much as the teensiest piece of cotton.
Basically all I use is a ruler and a paper piercing tool to make stitch holes ... then I join the dots with a white gel pen!



Materials:
Tim Holtz stamps: Bitty Grunge
White and Brown Card
Sequin Waste






5 comments:

  1. Faux stitching is something I use often as I am one of those who can't be bothered with getting the machine out to stitch a row. This is an interesting theme for the week & I loo forward to seeing all the different DT ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cheat! Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and the faux stitching is very effective. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a textiles person, I'd get my machine out but I love this 'cheats' method and may, sometime, pinch this idea!!
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.