Friday 18 May 2012

Faux finishes week: Antique metal

Hi, 
Today Gio will show you how to give a plain box a aged metal look using the metal tape and paints. Gorgeous little box that would make a perfect present for a crafting friend. 
Note: the cutting tool box itself is one of Gio's, not a box we sell but you can find a lot of objects to alter HERE on the website.

*****
To alter this plastic box, containing my cutting tools, I used the sticky metal tape.



I cut a strip of tape and I stamped it using black stazon and HP1007. For the box lid I embossed the tape using Cuttlebug embossing folder: diamonds in the rough, for the sides I used as embossing folder one from Couture Creations : Vintage plumes.
I highlighted the embossed details using DecoArt Traditions Artist Acrylic: English Red Oxide, spreading it with my finger to give a light rusty look.




I taped the long strip to the sides, and a piece to the box lid: the tape is very flexible and easy to adhere to the box.
I painted the small parts of plastic still showing with PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints: Pewter.
I glued to the box lid a metal charm and some watch parts.


Detail


Materials
Stamps: PaperArtsy HP1007
Cuttlebug embossing folder: diamonds in the rough
Couture Creations embossing folder: Vintage plumes
DecoArt Traditions Artist Acrylic: English red oxide
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints: Pewter




9 comments:

  1. Fantastic project. Love it. TFS.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic this project. beautiful this Antique Metal box.
    Warm greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous .

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant & so inspiring Gio! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great tutorial on this tape. You have achieved a fantastic effect and turned it into such a gorgeous box of exacto knives. I will have a try at this myself, I am sure I can find something to alter. Thanks Gio.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous project and so inspirational xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice so simple and good tools in a small wood box.. i have a handy tool box where i put my crafting things, i choose the light one for me to easily carry it at my job!

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.