Saturday 13 April 2013

Simply Saturday circle - Viv and Gay


Hello :)
Simply Saturday circles today with Guest Designer  Viv and ... Gay is back too this week (happy dance here). Both ladies have interpreted the circle theme quite differently as you will see. 
Can't wait to read your comments. 

I made a tent fold card using the Lacey circles die using some textured white card. I layered another piece of white card cut using the the Fleur De Lis  die using some tiny 3D pads.
I shaded the Fleur De Lis die cut just at the edges using some Memento 'Angel Pink' ink and also a touch of Heliotrope at the very tips. 
I layered another circle using some lilac card and cut using the Nestabilities plain circle .
I cut another plain white circle which I had first used the flower die to cut out the flower impression, I used tiny 3D pads to layer again. I then used two Aquamarkers to shade just the tips of the flowers through the die cuts. I stamped a small butterfly using the Heliotrope ink and cut it out, I covered it with some glamour dust using a quickie glue pen.
I stuck the butterfly to the card. I attached an off-cut of some lilac ribbon to the card
and also added part of a heart from the 'Precious hearts' set. I added a few clear gems to the heart.


Material:
Textured card: white, lilac card off cut.
Nestabilies dies: Large Lacey circles, Large plain round, Large Fleur De Lis Motifs.
Memory Box dies: Wild Blooms, Heart, Precious Hearts.
Woodware clear stamps: Butterfly Medley.
Memento ink: Angel Pink
Versacolor ink: Heliotrope


------

Now here's Gay's card, with a more modern approach, both of them could be used for teenager or men cards me think

I used the Spellbinders circles die cut for my background and Tim Holtz distress inks sponged through. The sentiment is popped up with foam pads.




Crafty Individuals happy Birthday stamp from CI-307
Tim Holtz Stamps Bitty Grunge
Distress inks: Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey, Frayed Burlap
Spellbinders standard circles large.


Our special offer this weekend is 10% all Spellbinder dies 
(not Grand Calibur)
Just enter 10SPELL at checkout


See you tomorrow


6 comments:

  1. Viv's card is so delicate, feminine and pretty. Gay's card in her inimitable clean style is just as beautiful in a masculine way. What a treat today !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cards from both super talented ladies, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the cards are fabulous! The first one so feminine and gorgeous and the second two very funky and perfect for guy cards! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two great cards one so soft and pretty and the other so Retro great work

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW those cirles are spectaculaire.

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.