Tuesday 16 April 2013

Small scale creativity - Karen

Hi, 
Day two of our Small Scale Creativity week with Karen today, and a teeny, cute house .. or sewing room should I say.. 
Karen used one of the tiny Tando Creative houses. Love the little touch with the sewing machine charm too. So adorable, don't you think?




I love working in miniature and had a lot of fun with this! 
The little house comes flat, all ready to be assembled.


 Firstly I painted the outside of the house in PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints 'Beach Hut' and the inside with 'Vintage Lace'. Then I overstamped with Versamagic 'Aquatic Splash' chalk and an Indigo Blu background stamp. I cut out a door then assembled the main part of the house, leaving the roof till later. The door was covered with paper from Crafty Individuals Book 7. 
Now for the inside....
I rolled some fabric onto cocktail sticks & glued to one side. The dressform was handrawn onto painted card, cut out & stuck in with a foam pad. 
The sewing machine charm is glued onto a coloured card table. 

I stuck rows of tiny bobble trim onto the roof before attaching it. Lace & leaves were glued to the outside. I made a little sign and added a brad for a doorknob (it turns so that I can shut the door)

Material

See you tomorrow



7 comments:

  1. Cute, love the effect on the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh this is so gorgeous and so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Karen, its so cute and fabulous!

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so very sweet - as so many other people, I love miniatures! I love it!!!!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.