Monday 29 April 2013

Touchy feely week - Gio

Hi everyone, 
Hope you had a lovely weekend. 
This week will be all about texture. The DT has once again created some gorgeous samples and will show you a lot of ways to add that "touchy feely" to your artwork. 
Starting with Gio today and a beautiful altered box + booklet. Gio used embossing paste and micro beads to achieve this. 





I added texture in 4 different ways: using embossing paste trough a stencil, with a piece of doilies, with tissue tape, and using embossing paste and micro beads.
For the notepad: I cut a piece to size to create the cover from Ranger Grungeboard. I covered it with Tim Holtz Tissue Tape, creating some crease and folds. I painted with small amounts of Fresco Finish paints. I made the little belt out of a piece of grungeboard painted with PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paint. I even covered the little pencil with tissue tape.


For the box: after sanding a little bit, I covered with Fresco Finish paint: Nougat. When dry, I laid the Tando Masks: Leaves and with a palette knife I spread some Dreamweaver embossing paste: Transluscent. I spread a thin layer of Dreamweaver embossing paste: Translucent and I added the lace. When dry, I painted the box lid using several colours of Fresco Finish Paints, using very little amount of paint and cleaning the paintbrush on a piece of scrap paper. So I got a worn look.

For the inside of the lid box, I cut a piece of page book, and I painted with Fresco Finish paint. I laid the Tando Masks - Andy Skinner: 6x6 Baroque and spread a thin layer of Dreamweaver embossing paste: Transluscent, I lift the stencil and covered with plenty of Judikins micro glass beads: rose, these ones adhered only on the paste.
I stamped the sentiment on some overlapped pieces of Tim Holtz Tissue Tape with StazOn ink pad - jet black.








Tim Holtz embellishments: Tissue Tape Sketchbook

See you tomorrow

6 comments:

  1. Looks like micros beads are on my list now. Love the box and the textures are super. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunning project, really love all the texture and the colours you picked re amazing! Hugs FRea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb creation, very nice !
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Miss Gio, all that gorgeous texture, sends this mixed media artist all a twitter :):).. The colors are so yummy, gorgeous corner pieces, then a cute book and pencil to match. Its the bomb Missy, love it thanks for sharing, the how-to and all this inspiration, have a wonderful creative day...

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.