Wednesday 24 April 2013

Take flight week - Gio

Hi, 
Another very different approach from Gio for our Take Flight week: A lovely Scrapbooking "hanging" sample. Love how she altered the hanger too. 
What do you think?




 For the wooden hangers: I painted with PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints: Nougat, when dry I stamped randomly using Ranger Archival Ink pad: Coffee and Crafty Individuals CI-382 - 'Love Lovely Life'. I cut a heart from a piece of copper metal and I embossed using as "embossing folder" a Crafty Individuals mask: Magic roundabout. I glued to the back 4 chipboard Tando Creative: Steampunk Wings and Cogs covered with gold paint. I added a metallic chain.


For the LO : I cut two squares of natural calico, and I sprayed with water. I sprayed some Cosmic Shimmer Mister: rich gold and Dylusions ink spray: Melted chocolate. To tone down the color I used a little amount of PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints: Nougat with a paintbrush. When dry I got a shimmering , worn look. I added some gesso to the lower part of the fabric and I stamped twice using Ranger Archival Ink pad: Coffee and Crafty Individuals CI-382 - 'Love Lovely Life'. 





 Details

I stamped on a piece of gessoed book page three times the bird from Crafty Individuals CI-375 - 'Jolly Robin' and Ranger Archival Ink pad: Jet Black. I added some colors to it with Distress Inks. I coloured the picture printed from PC with Distress Inks. I sewn with the sewing machine the two squares and glued the picture and the birds to the fabric. 
I hand stitched some beads. 
I attached the Fabric to the wooden hangers.

Material used:
Crafty Individuals CI-382 - 'Love Lovely Life'
Crafty Individuals CI-375 - 'Jolly Robin'

See you tomorrow


3 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful creation !
    oh and so lovely cat !
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous hanging and cat! Love it!!

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what great fun this little hanging is!

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.