Wednesday 3 April 2013

Upcycle week - Michelle

Hi, 
Now this is a very clever project by Michelle, and definitely something I would try: a cute little basket made from an old school book.
What do you think? 

I had this old school book. I unstapled it to get bigger pages. I tore the pages and I folded each stripes in 4 to get a stronger paper.
I used 26 stripes for this basket. Adjust if you want a bigger or smaller basket. Start weaving by the middle. Some staples or glue will help holding things into place

When you're done with the bottom, fold the sides and weave vertically. You can staple or glue some strips as you go. Trim the excess. 

Add a strip on the top and sew it. I used some paper clips to hold it there. I decorated it with an old fabric measuring tape and cut the label with Spellbinder die-cut. I stamped the word imagine with an alpha stamp. I also cut a pink butterfly from Crafty Individuals flower and butterfly inages. 
Finally, I took off the staples that I used to weave the basket.

Ok my paper basket is done. It measures approx. 7" x 7" x 4" high.

Materials:

See you tomorrow

5 comments:

  1. wow - this is an absolutely brilliant idea and worked so carefully! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this is a stunning piece of art:)
    Love the idea!
    Inger

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever and again useful, well done it's brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic way to recycle an old book!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great recycled project basket looks really strong and very useful!

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.