Friday 27 September 2013

Ho Ho Ho - Karen

 Hi, 
A little bit of "wow" today with this is gorgeous sample Karen made for us. I could really see this on my Christmas table. Truly beautiful. 
Can't wait to read what you will say about it. 
Karen used the Tando Creative 3D sleigh and PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints



I have made up the 3D Tando Creative Sleigh to kick start my Christmasing. Its a good size at 9" long by 7" high and is very sturdy. Also very easy to put together when you have decorated it! (Instructions come with it) 
Great for those teensy presents to go in, strong enough for nuts and pretty enough to use as a table decoration.


I chose to use PaperArsty Paints in Snowflake and Ice Blue for the colour scheme. First I painted all the outsides in Snowflake then spread some DecoArt Modelling Paste through a Tando Mask- Dotted Star. I also added some Tando Creative Snowflakes. When it was dry I went over with the Snowflake again this time dabbing a little Ice Blue around as well. The insides were then painted with Ice Blue with a little Snowflake dabbed around. For the runners I painted with Snowflake, added PaperArtsy Crackle then Ice Blue. When the pieces were dry I added little spots of Stickles in Crystal to the raised star shape. I always leave these to dry overnight!!! 
Some Treasure Silver was rubbed all around the edges and over the other raised bits then buffed with a cloth before putting the Sleigh together.




PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paints - Ice Blue and Snowflake
Stickles Glitter Glue - Crystal

See you tomorrow


3 comments:

  1. That looks brilliant what a transformation.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous sleigh, decorated beautifully. A lovely Christmas decoration for your table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous project Karen love the subtle colour
    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.