Sunday 29 September 2013

Saturday Savers - Ho Ho Ho - Neil

Hi, 
A lovely upcycling project from Neil for you today. Christmas is coming up but not too close yet, 
so you still have time to make a few of those. Great fun, and if like us, you keep the bags you are given, then you have plenty to work with. 
If you'd rather make your own, you can always use one of our recycled craft carrier bag

A very quick and simple recycling from me today. 
I'm sure I'm not the only one who can't bear to throw out gift bags. 
I have them all packed away ready to re use. However, I have been known to give it back to to original giver on occasion so now I try to add a little extra to them, just in case!
I've had this beautiful white bag for a while now and thought it would be perfect to change to a Christmas bag

 I began by stamping an ATC using Tim's ATC stamp. Simply coloured with Distress Ink and matted onto card.


 I worked out where it was going and marked it before using Grunge Paste and Tando Creative's snowflake mask to add some texture.

 That was not Christmassy enough so I added some Dry Stickles

 Then, a spritz of Dylusions to add some extra colour and one lovely Christmas bag, ready for a gift.



I think that this a great and easy way of jazzing up a bag. If your bag is patterned you can still do the same kind of thing. I just often use some Gesso or paint to tone down the pattern.

Neil used:
Stamps - Tim Holtz Holiday Collections
Archival ink - Cobalt
Tando Creative - Snowflake Mask
Dylusions - London Blue

See you tomorrow

Izzy




5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Project!
    nagaonkarshilpa.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to recycle and drive my family crazy as nothing gets out the front door without me looking at it twice to see if I can use it for something else or turn it into something else. They draw the line with me when I go for a walk and look on the ground to see what treasure I might find. Bottle caps are my new fav item.

    Love your bag and such a quick and easy project. Like you, I can't part with them and can always find a use for my collection.

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.