Saturday 14 September 2013

Saturday Savers - Vintage cute - Gio

Hi, 
A lovely little upcycling project by Gio today using an egg box and paints and turning into a lace storage box.
This is so adorable and would make a perfect gift for a crafty friend. 
Gio used Hobby Art Bird House for her cute image.









 I covered the egg-box with gesso, then I painted it using a paintbrush and a little sponge with Fresco Finish paints Sky and Nougat.
I distressed the borders using DecoArt Traditions Artist Acrylic: Quinacridone Gold taking a very little amount of paint at a time, leaving the paintbrush almost dry. I decorated the front with the Crafty Individuals mask: Beautiful border and some Dreamweaver embossing paste: Transluscent spreading it through the mask with a palette knife.When dry I distressed the raised areas with the DecoArt Traditions Artist Acrylic: Quinacridone Gold.  I stamped the egg box with a text stamp, from PaperArtsy - Lynne Perrella collection 003 plate and Archival ink Coffee.
I stamped the bird house twice  and some hearts using Hobby Art Clear Stamps: Bird house and Black jet Archival ink on a piece of Crafty Individuals White Silk Card - Regency Satin. I cut it out and coloured using several Distress inks and a Zig BrusH2O Waterbrush.

 For the inside of the lid: I tore a piece of old book page, I painted it with Fresco Finish paints Sky and Nougat. I made a border with the Crafty Individuals mask: Beautiful border and some Dreamweaver embossing paste: Transluscent spreading it through the mask with a palette knife. When dry, I highlighted the  texture with little DecoArt Traditions Artist Acrylic: Quinacridone Gold. I added it to the lid box. I added the stamped images to both sides of the egg-box lid.

Dreamweaver embossing paste: Transluscent 
Hobby Art Clear Stamps: Bird house
Crafty Individuals White Silk Card - Regency Satin 
DecoArt Traditions Artist Acrylic: Quinacridone Gold 

See you tomorrow

8 comments:

  1. Ingenius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo, that's so lovely Gio !!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous so fabulous I need one lol!

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect, I have two egg boxes needing a second use xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness gracious sakes alive! This is a grand project to make for a special friend who love lace and I love your project!!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a good project, I might borrow this idea later in the year!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous idea for a gift - its brilliant! You have also reminded me I have that stamp and haven't used it yet! xx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.