Wednesday 6 January 2016

Alpha/Dictionary Challenge for 2016


Our Challenge for 2016

Morning all,

It's almost time to start our Challenge for 2016.

If you remember, I asked you to look out
for a dictionary, one you wouldn't mind 
altering!

Some of you will remember a similar challenge from 
a few years ago.  It was so popular
that we decided to run it again!

If you haven't got your dictionary yet, don't
forget to check out those charity
shops and secondhand stores.  You'll 
probably pick one up for not too many pennies!
Having said that, if you don't want to use a
dictionary, then we have called it the
Alpha/Dictionary Challenge
so that you can use other elements if you wish.
Altering perhaps....Tags, ATC's, Dominoes or
maybe even a Journal.  It must be obvious
that you have used the stated letter and
included its definition.

The Challenge will last the whole year
and will be posted every two weeks so
that every letter will be covered.

Just to keep you on your toes.....
it will not be in alphabetical order!!!
Ha ha....no getting ahead!

We will be starting on Sunday 10th
so do come and join us then!

See you soon,

Jane x







23 comments:

  1. I'm ready with my dictionary...sounds fun! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! I enjoyed this last time. Having problems finding a dictionary in the charity shops so I may just photocopy a definition for each letter and bind the pages into a book at the end. Let's see...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! I will add to the dictionary I used last time. I so enjoyed this challenge last time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab! I enjoyed this one last time! Now, do I have enough beer mats or should I think of something different this time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH this sounds interesting - need rummage in my book boxes to see if I have a dictionary

    Crafty hugs Pen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be fun Pen, glad you will be joining us!
      Jane x

      Delete
    2. Just a question - as I am new to this challenge - Do you have to use the "page" from the Dictionary in your design. Maybe I need to look at last years ideas to see how its done ? :)

      Delete
  6. Crashed and burned on the last alpha challenge. Must try harder this year. Looking forward to the first chalkenge details. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, I'm sure you will do it this time!
      Jane x

      Delete
  7. That sounds fantastic. Not sure if I will take the last dictionary (still a lot of blank pages) or if I'm going with the journal idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be great whatever you decide Silvia!
      Jane x

      Delete
  8. Yay, I'm so glad you are all with us again on this Challenge.....can't wait to see what you do!!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This will be my first attempt at a year long challenge... I'm now the proud owner of a 1974 'Oxford advanced learners dictionary of current English' thanks to Crediton book shop! Can't wait to get started :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, well done Lou, look forward to seeing what you do!!
      Jane x

      Delete
  10. Ooo, that looks great! I really enjoyed this challenge very inspiring last time, I well remember it!!! Well, I may not be a regular participant this time again, but let's try if I can using the same support as previous since it is not finished at all! :)
    And I wish you a very Happy New Year Jane! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a very Happy New Year to you too Coco!! Hope you are able to join us again.
      Jane x

      Delete
  11. Ooh, this sounds fab....would love to join in! Thank you.....wishing you a happy new year!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.