Friday 29 January 2016

Triplets - Rachel Snook




Morning all, 

Hope you are all well and looking
forward to the weekend!

This is our second post of the week and 
Rachel is here with us today!

Let's see what she has been up to.....

Rachel says....

TRIPLETS 
Well these normally come in threes and when

 Jane asked me to take part this week I
 knew exactly the die to use!
Creative Expressions Stripped Quilted Blocks.


I am sorry this is a picture heavy post as I 

decided to try and use the die three
 different ways, so I have done samples to
 show this. A lot of the techniques I have
 used, have been covered before and there
 is also a how too section on the website.



First I die cut the strip in black and white card.


I then took a piece of double sided adhesive
 and cut to size and removing one half of 
adhesive backing I stuck to the plain cardstock
 this would be my base for Sheffield steel gilding flakes.


This is done buy placing the flakes on the
 other side of the card and rubbing with 
a scrubby to make the flakes adhere to the
 sticky cardstock.


As you can see I made a black on silver,
 white on silver and then the third was 
silver on silver.
To make the silver different when I had die cut

 the design I turned it over and placed low tack
 tape along the back, turned it over and then
 began to rub the front so that all the cut pieces
 would stick to the tape. This can be fiddly but
 if you like jigsaw puzzles, it should be ok. When
 all the pieces are removed on the tape, or nearly
 all take the frame and place this over top and this
 should frame the pieces. You can see this clearer
 the black and white versions.


Then I decided to colour some white cardstock
 I used Centura Pearl three ways with alcohol ink.


I had gold and silver, pink, lavender 
 and turquoise blue shades with silver.


 Then taking further die cut quilted squares, I 
heat embossed a black square with clear embossing
 powder, a white square with jewelled gold
 and I adhered the third to a base piece
 of black card and painted with Deco Art Magenta
 Interference Paint. When this was dry
 I heat embossed with Kaleidoscope
 embossing powder.

I attached the black to the pink...


 The gold to a piece of the gold and
 silver cardstock...


This is the kaleidoscope version, as you can
 see the powder and paint compliment each 
other with lights in the powder and paint react...


This time I layered a black square to a
 black base and rubbed over with white fire
 guiding wax and buffed to a shine...


As I still had some ink coloured card I took
 a white die cut square and with white fire
 gilding wax applied the same technique as you
 can see it tones in well...


This time I took the aquamarine gilding wax
 and used the same process.
Of course you can do this with any colours you
 may have but I only have those two.
These individuals squares when mounted on a
 small square cards would make a nice gift.


This shows three of the same squares two black
 outlines with white and one white outline with black.


This shows the examples set out and hopefully
 these variations on a theme will inspire.



This is what Rachel used -

Creative Expressions Die - 
Stripped Quilted Blocks
Double Sided Adhesive Sheets
Gilding Flakes - Sheffield Steel
Black and White 12 x 12 Cardstock -
This is available in MME cardstock packs
Alcohol Inks - various colours
Treasure Gold Gilding Wax
Low Tack Tape
Cosmic Shimmer Glue

Wow, well that is what is called getting the 
most from your dies!!  And so you
should.  It's good to remind ourselves
of the different options.
Thank you Rachel and yes I think these 
photos will inspire 

Well, I'm off now but I'll be 
back tomorrow.

Jane x

1 comment:

  1. Thanks you so much for researching this die... you've left no stone unturned!

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.