Thursday 28 January 2016

Triplets - Neil Walker




Good Morning everyone,

Welcome to a busy week here on the blog.
We are at the last week of January 
already.  Goodness how time flies!

So what have we got for you this 
week, well, we thought the
DT were in need of a bit of repetition, 
three times in fact so we gave 
them the word Triplets!
And the details were.....
A design cut into 3 or a series of 3 designs.

Well, this is what Neil has made,
a fantastic project with so much
work in it....




For my Triple I selected 3 door plates from Andy 
Skinner's and glued them together along with
 cutting some chipboard strips to raise up 
the top and bottom sections


When dry I painted them as seen with DecoArt Fluid
 Acrylic in four colours.



When they were dry I covered everything with
 a layer of Titan Buff.



I scrubbed back areas to reveal the colours,
 covered everything with Antiquing Cream and
 wiped back to give layers of faded distress.



Using one of my masks and Gold Interference
 paint I added a little subtle patterned shimmer
 detail. Then everything was sealed
with spray sealer.


I created a base board from thick A4 chipboard,
 burlap and crackle paste.



When dry I coloured with paint.



Further detail was added with Seth Apter stamps,
 embossing ink and Frantage powder.



Then the fun began. I added my door plates
 to the board and rummaged through my
 embellishment drawers to add metal accents.



I love these old style keys and ornate
 metal lock plate.



Thank you Neil, I absolutely love this.....what do you think,
we'd love to hear your comments!

This is what Neil used -

Tando Creative - Andy Skinner -
Industrial Elements Kit
Burlap Mat Stack
DecoArt Faux Finishing Medium
Mixed Media Acrylic - Gold Interference 
Mixed Media Speciality - Raw Umber -
Antiquing Cream
Mixed Media Speciality - White Crackle Paste 

1 comment:

  1. These are gorgeous... I wonder if they could be used as a décor piece on real doors!

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.