Friday 22 January 2016

Blue - Dawn Heald





Helloooo,

Hope you are all well!
It's another week here on the blog,
don't forget that Sunday is the deadline for 
the Alpha/Dictionary Challenge, so if
you haven't entered your B project,
you'd better get your skates on!!

I've added some extra pictures from the 
DT too so be sure to check them out!

This week we gave the DT one word...
Blue and they could do whatever they wanted.

Here is Dawn's project -


Dawn says -

I've made an art journal page for my MDF  book.


I created a textured background by scraping
 on gesso over some torn book page pieces,
 then adding crackle pastes. When all dry
 I painted Blue paint and Primary Cyan, 
 spray both with plenty of water and some splatters
 straight from the spray bottle.


Next, I stamped my images on to white
 tissue paper and painted on the reverse with
 acrylics. Then I tore around the stamped pieces 
and glued them to the background using
 a gloss medium.


 I used white paint through the splatters
 stencil and then stamped randomly with two
 smaller stamps from the PaperArtsy set. I finished
 off by adding black and silver pen details.


Love this, particularly the colours and 
I'm not normally a 'blue' girl!

This is what Dawn used -


Thank you Dawn.

See you tomorrow with some 
more blue.....

Jane x

2 comments:

  1. Great page from Dawn....blue is my favourite colour and I use it lots. Looking forward to finding out the next letter for the dictionary challenge. I had such fun with the letter B! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely mixed media page Dawn, you rocked the Blue... my favourite colour too!

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.