Friday 1 January 2016

Birds Week - Neil Walker



Hellooooo,

(Huge apologies, this was supposed to 
go out earlier today)

Happy New Year
to you all!

Hope you all had a good Christmas
and got all the crafting goodies you asked for!
The only thing that would have made it better
would have been a bit of the white stuff.....
when did we last have a white Christmas?

Having said that, thank goodness we didn't
have the flooding here in the south that 
those poor souls had up north!
Can't imagine how bad that must be.
Hope the rains stop soon and things start
to look better for them.
Although as I write this the weather has been
causing trouble around the whole of the UK.
Hope you all stay safe!


Did you know that January 5th is 
National Bird Day!
I have been feeding the birds in the garden 
and it is lovely to see the different 
birds that have been visiting my 
cafe in the tree.  Even a whopping
great pigeon decided to have a go......
not quite what I had intended. 


Neil is here today to show you what he
has been up to with Birds....... 


I began by washing colour over a page
 in my journal using watered down PaperArtsy
 Fresco paint. I had already done the writing
 in a waterproof black ink .


I added a little bit of textural detail to
 the page using paint and a layering Stencil.


I die cut a few birds from the Impression
 Obsession set and glued in place before adding
 some further detail with Peeled Paint 
Distress ink and a Layering Stencil


This is a quick and simple page but fun to do.
 I like it as it is but, who knows, one day
 I may revisit it to add more pen and ink work........

A nice quick and easy project to kick
the new year off!!
Thank you Neil, it might be quick and
easy but it looks great!!

This is what Neil used -


I will be back tomorrow with another project
and don't forget the start of our new Challenge
next week.
For the Challenge you will need a 
Dictionary so make sure you have one handy!!

Jane x 



5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year..... Thanks my parcel of goodies arrived yesterday and thanks for you great challenges. Looking forward to 2016 new ideas and challenges.

    Crafty hugs Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Gorgeous pages! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year Jane. I did get some fun new stash and I'm looking forward to playing with it. Here's to a creative 2016 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! I didn't get a lot of crafty stuff... but that's because I did a lot of shopping myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dictionary is purchased, can't wait to start the challenge! Lou x

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.