Saturday 16 January 2016

Hats - Neil Walker




Happy weekend,

Yes, it is Saturday again, the
week has flown by again!

A pretty sad start to the New Year too,
we've already lost David Bowie 
and Alan Rickman.....not liking
2016 so far!  

Neil is here with us today and I've
been trying sooooo hard not to say 
this, but sorry.....I've got to....
'Hat's off' to Neil for his post today!!
Ha ha, sorry!



As I seem to have acquired a selection of
 hats over the last twelve months I thought
 I'd create a simple layout using photos of 
my hats out and about. I grabbed a piece of
 embossed cardstock from my stash and
 spritzed the page with a selection of 
Dylusions inks to reveal the design.


To border the page I used Black Soot Distress
 ink and my Winged Pattern mask to add
 another layer round the edges.


I printed and mounted my pictures onto
 black card and added a couple of metal
 embellishments to the page.


I used screw head brads to attach them.


Lastly I wrote onto the pictures.


The finished layout. I added a scrap piece
 of textured card to the top left (An ATC
 gone wrong !) to round off the design
 and to which I will add my journalling later.



This is what Neil used -
Tando Masks -Neil Walker - Winged Pattern
Distress Ink - Black Soot
300g Coloured Card - Black
Assorted Metal Shape Embellishments
Woodware Imitation Screw Head Brads 

So that's Neil's hats, love the 
scrapbook layout. Just makes our 
photos so much more interesting.

I'll be back with our first 
Weekly Challenge of the year......
any ideas what it will be???

Jane x

1 comment:

  1. LOL Jane! Why shouldn't you indulge in a small chuckle?!
    Great page from Neil, the Dylusions are so vibrant, especially against the white resist.

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.